New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple TV Discussion of Apple TV, the new revolution in watching television.

atv2 help please

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

britown

britown is on a distinguished road

hey all new to this forum so hi everyone

got some questions please

had the atv2 for quite a few days jailbroken on 4.4.4 instralled nitrotv and xbms

I carnt find a walkthrough on how to stream movies to my atv2 via my pc on vista/windows 7 tyed everything

I heared of something i could add call icefilms but when i added to my atv2 just keep getting a error script error......i found a fix that i had to ssh to the atv2 so i did but i didnt fix the problem just made icefilms go a little further it downloads the 230mb and files and installes them till it gets to the end and i get the old error back script error.... i also get this when trying to watch amazon and another source

does anyone know of any other sources i could use i was after bbc iplayer for my little 1

i tryed a few times to install plex through nitrotv and when reboots i get the apple logo and thats it dies i have to plug into itunes and restore and start again am i doing something wrong

thank you

hope you can all help me

had the atv2 for all this time and not managed to play movie yet lol
QUOTE Thanks
j0nb0y32

j0nb0y32 is a jewel in the roughj0nb0y32 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by britown View Post
does anyone know of any other sources i could use i was after bbc iplayer for my little 1
i have never been able to stream BBC iplayer through airplay to the ATV, on the iPhone or iPad. i can play it if i hard wire my Mac to the TV via the HDMI cable though.

if you are in the UK, try TV Catchup app. TVCatchup - Never Miss A Show Again
All free to air channels are there (including CBeebies etc) and they can be airplayed to the ATV.

good luck

J
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
I carnt find a walkthrough on how to stream movies to my atv2 via my pc on vista/windows 7 tyed everything
Share the folder with your movies in across the network. Give read permissions to 'everyone'.
In XBMC go to Videos - add videos and browse for the folder under WORKGROUP.
That'll add it into XBMC where you can now watch pretty much any format video.

Quote:
I heared of something i could add call icefilms but when i added to my atv2 just keep getting a error script error......i found a fix that i had to ssh to the atv2 so i did but i didnt fix the problem just made icefilms go a little further it downloads the 230mb and files and installes them till it gets to the end and i get the old error back script error.... i also get this when trying to watch amazon and another source
I know nothing of IceFilms I'm afraid.

Quote:
Here you go:
xbmc-iplayer - XBMC Script for browsing and watching BBC iPlayer streams (UK only) - Google Project Hosting

Quote:
i tryed a few times to install plex through nitrotv and when reboots i get the apple logo and thats it dies i have to plug into itunes and restore and start again am i doing something wrong
Only the latest nightly Plex beta works under the latest iOS version. The version from NitoTV doesn't work. But to be honest unless you HAVE to have PLex XBMC can do everything you need and doesn't need a server application on your PC.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nb0y32 View Post
i have never been able to stream BBC iplayer through airplay to the ATV.
Airplay works with the latest version of the iPad/iPhone iPlayer app. So long as you're running iOS 5 on your iPad/iPhone.

Play the programme of your choice, double tap the home but swipe the multitasking bar to the left twice then you'll see the Airplay icon where you select the ATV as the output device.

NB: if you have a 4s or iPad2 don't use mirroring for this, just plain Airplay

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« using apple tv with iPad | iPhone Remote and Apple TV not connecting to iTunes »