New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple TV Discussion of Apple TV, the new revolution in watching television.

Mirroring not showing up

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mikeykelch

mikeykelch is on a distinguished road

Hello, I bought my parents an Apple TV for christmas and I am having trouble with mirroring on their Ipad2. I can see the airplay button, but the little mirror tab that should right underneath it isn't there. The iPad is fully updated. I updated the ATV, didn't work. Then I plugged it into my MBP and restored and updated it with iTunes, and still it isn't there. Airplay works and I can play songs from iTunes and youtube vids, ect, but it won't mirror! Thanks in advance for all your help!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Kn1ghtf1re

Kn1ghtf1re is on a distinguished road

Hey, I am having the same issue. Here is the link to support article to resolve the issue... possibly. Make sure the firewall on the router is off. I am an IT person myself but I still can't solve mine. I have a brand new ATV, iPhone 4S, Router firewall is off, and I'm using WPA 2 encryption. Airplay works fine, but the feature for Mirroring isn't there. All devices are fully updated, ATV 4.4.4, iOS 5.0.1 Let me know if you find a fix and I will do the same. Setting up and troubleshooting AirPlay Mirroring
QUOTE Thanks
Kn1ghtf1re

Kn1ghtf1re is on a distinguished road

So I fixed mine. When you double tap the home button and get to icons of running apps and then scroll finger right to get to mirroring icon you normally come to the iPod playing features and thats it... well you have to scroll 1 more screen and there is the mirroring option from the airplay. My issue is now fixed, hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
mikeykelch

mikeykelch is on a distinguished road

Yeah that didn't work for me. I get to the part with the airplay button and it won't let me swipe any further to the right. I can see the airplay button and when I click on it it says iPad, apple tv, then underneath that is a blank space where the mirroring tab should be. My firewall is off as well. Thanks for helping though.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New to ATV and Netflix | Apple TV 1st Gen and syncing problem »