New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple TV Discussion of Apple TV, the new revolution in watching television.

Multiple iTunes Accounts on ATV2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mshort1976

Mshort1976 is on a distinguished road

My gf and I just got an ATV2. We each have an iPad, iPhone and dell laptops (don't hate...Xmas is coming up!).

Is there anyway to setup multiple iTunes accounts thru the ATV2? Or is this a 1:1 relationship? ATV2 - iTunes Account ID
QUOTE Thanks
j0nb0y32

j0nb0y32 is a jewel in the roughj0nb0y32 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)

No you can't. you can only buy things with one account as far as i know.

However to hook up multiple computers to ATV all you need to do to connect your GF's computer with your apple ID through 'home sharing'. Once this is done you should be able to select your GF's computer and watch/listen using her library. You can toggle back to yours whenever you like also.

hope this answers the question.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

This is one of the few things that annoys me about the ATV. Apple needs to add the ability to set up multiple accounts and save the acts & passwords to switch between the two.

A work around is just to stream the second account to the ATV from the Mac via the iPad.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itunes and apple tv | Apple TV annoyances »