New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple TV Discussion of Apple TV, the new revolution in watching television.

itunes and apple tv

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Andrew shearman

Andrew shearman is on a distinguished road

hi I put a DVD in my computer and itunes can't play it how can I get itunes to play a DVD then steem it to my apple tv?
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Is the DVD from a different region most are coded to country of origin.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

iTunes does not play DVDs. DVD Player would be used for that or download some other player such as VLC.

You can't stream a DVD to the AppleTV - not without additional apps &/or hacks.
There are plenty of tutorials out there on how to use AirPlay, AirFlicks and others.
Here's one such - link.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
hodges

hodges is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook ipad2 iphone4wht ipodtouch(3) ipodnano appletv

If you have a dvd and you want to play it using itunes heres what you do. Download app called handbrake, this app will allow you to rip your dvd movie to itunes. Once its in itunes you can watch it on you mac or share your itunes movies to apple tv and watch on the big screen. Thats it, I hope that helps. If you need the steps after you download the app let me know, I will help you.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
iTunes does not play DVDs. DVD Player would be used for that or download some other player such as VLC.

You can't stream a DVD to the AppleTV - not without additional apps &/or hacks.
There are plenty of tutorials out there on how to use AirPlay, AirFlicks and others.
Here's one such - link.
Nice link Bob. I have been following AirFlick since its early alpha stage and Erica has done a wonderful job thus far. Well worth a look and dl.

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Options for a media server - Apple TV or Mac Mini? | Multiple iTunes Accounts on ATV2 »