FaceTime for Apple TV?

Question FaceTime for Apple TV?
    Anybody heard any word that possibly they will incorporate FaceTime into Apple's AppleTV? It has the usb port in the back of it so it just makes sense that that would be the next step. Logitech's latest webcam C910 is the best I've seen so far for my mac, this would be a great addition. Any thoughts?

FaceTime for Apple TV?
    Specs:
    2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
    I don't think it will happen without an Apple webcam. They have never been to nice about playing well with third party peripherals.

FaceTime for Apple TV?
    Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad
    If Apple TV gets popular enough, I could definitely see this being added in later, but outside of some interesting jailbreaking I don't think it'll happen with current models.

It would also depend on how well other current living room wbecam options are doing commercially such as Kinect. If people are using it and liking it, it would be an easy add on for apple to boost sales of Apple TV and complementary sales of their other facetime-enabled products.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

FaceTime for Apple TV?
    Specs:
    iMac 21.5" 2.7 Ghz Quad Core . MacBook Pro 17" . AppleTV 2 . iPhone 4S . iPad 2 3G . AppleTV 2
    Maybe when/if an actual Apple TV set comes to the market.

FaceTime for Apple TV?
    Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdf View Post
    Maybe when/if an actual Apple TV set comes to the market.
    Maybe, but even if they have a TV integrated with Apple TV, they should offer a non-Apple television option.

Personally, I would never purchase a TV with the smart tech built in. The computer hardware just moves too fast compared to the TV hardware and TVs are too expensive to update with any regularity.

Cheap and easily replaceable boxes are the way to go, and a low price barrier will ensure people will upgrade sooner so companies can make a lot of volume of sales. If Apple comes out with a new Apple TV in a month with A5 I wouldn’t have much trouble putting the one I just bought up for sale and getting the latest.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

FaceTime for Apple TV?
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
    it won't be long before TV's come with built in cameras IMO. Skype is a massive product for most people as it is free and most new TV's come with internet access anyway so that is a logical step. once that is done i suspect FaceTime leap will happen..

J

Thread Information