apple tv in south africa
    Hi,

I purchased a new Apple TV in the UK and have a UK iTunes account and I'm now in South Africa.

I fixed everything up, movie previews work just fine, but I have attempted to rent a movie for 30 days. It has taken 4.49 from my account but when I go to view it on Apple TV it tries to load and then says "An error occurred loading this content"

Can anyone advise?

Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    Hi,

I purchased a new Apple TV in the UK and have a UK iTunes account and I'm now in South Africa.

I fixed everything up, movie previews work just fine, but I have attempted to rent a movie for 30 days. It has taken 4.49 from my account but when I go to view it on Apple TV it tries to load and then says "An error occurred loading this content"
    I would get up with Apple and seek a refund. Your iTunes account is registered for the UK, pricing is set accordingly for that region, as well as actual viewing of the media. This is a virtual version of the region-coding for DVDs. In much the same way a region-1 DVD can't be played on a region-2 DVD player, iTunes media bought with licenses for the UK can't be streamed to areas outside the authorized area. Blame the entertainment industry for these hassles. You'll need to access your iTunes account and change your Country/Region information to reflect where you are in order to rent movies in the future.

Moved to Spain in 2000 after enforced early retirement and a bad divorce
    Specs:
    iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
    I had the same problem living in Spain as you are forced into accepting the iTunes store of the host country, which isn't great for me as a huge fan of Country music, especially the new stuff, which isn't always available in Spain.
    But with a UK Proxy I was able to set up a new UK-based account, although I don't actually use it much, but it does allow you to access the Apps. Store for my iPad.
    Live each day as it comes - it may be your last !?

Thread Information