New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple TV Discussion of Apple TV, the new revolution in watching television.

Atv resetting problem fixed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RoPearl2003

RoPearl2003 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Air 256GB, 21.5" iMac 2.7GHz, 3 (yes 3) Apple TV2's, AT&T iPhone4

In the menu bar click on Advanced then go down to "Choose Photos to Share" and from that selection you'll be able to pick your iPhoto folder.

You may have to hunt for the actual photo library but you'll find it and then you select that iPhoto Library Folder and voila you're all set

"I don't know, it just works"
QUOTE Thanks
RoPearl2003

Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Air 256GB, 21.5" iMac 2.7GHz, 3 (yes 3) Apple TV2's, AT&T iPhone4

I am also thinking the continuation of this thread belongs in another area or section. As we are no longer dealing with the resetting issue. Is there a Mod that can help me out here?

QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

MontanaMac will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" OS X 10.6.4 / 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i3 / 4 GB 13333 MHz DDR3

It's not there.
QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

OK, finally figured it out. I was going into the iTunes menu from the top left main menu by the Apple sign.
QUOTE Thanks
RoPearl2003

Good I am glad you got it. Also as a sidenote, I would be careful with your screen shots. From that screen shot, I got your name and whatnot and I am not sure how you are privacy but just a head's up in case you didn't know.

I am glad the ATV is now working well for you, enjoy it. I know we enjoy the **** out of ours

QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

OK, thanks a lot.
QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoPearl2003 View Post
OK, well after extensive discussion with an awesome gal at Apple named Susan, here is a very easy viable solution.

If you keep the ATV in the "Never" Sleep Mode it won't really hurt anything except using your home network bandwidth. But sometimes the cache folder in the ATV gets "clogged" (her phrase not mine) and a quick reset of the remote should clear it and IF that doesn't work, then the easiest thing to do is go into iTunes, go to Advanced, turn OFF Home Sharing, then turn it right back on, verifying of course that on the ATV it actually disconnected from Home Sharing. And voila, its all back and working fine. She said that Apple recommends using the Home Sharing on/off feature versus a hard reset to the ATV and makes sense to me.

I have now done this to all 3 ATV's and they are all back to working perfectly while streaming MY photos and not those silly animals and all my movies are there and it all just works.

I hope this helps someone else too.
You don't use bandwidth unless you're downloading or uploading. The scren saver doesn't use band width.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple TV 2 and VLC streaming | AIRPLAY - iPad to Apple TV »