New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple TV Discussion of Apple TV, the new revolution in watching television.

AppleTV2 loses connection

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Keiz

Keiz is on a distinguished road

I have had AppleTV 2 setup now for about 2 months without a problem.
Watched a movie last night without a problem, and 8 hours later AppleTV can't find my PC.
The wireless router works because I can connect an Ipad and iPhone.
If I do an AppleTV test, it says I can't connect to the iTunes Store, but am logged into it through iTunes on the iMac without a problem.
I can't get to any of the online services that AppleTV have (YouTube etc) because it can't connect to the Apple Store.
Any ideas? Is the AppleTV2 box busted?
Thanks in advance for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Try a reset, unplug it for 30 seconds.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Keiz

I pulled out every cable from the iMac, from the cable modem, from the wireless router.
The only thing I didn't do was turn the power off the AppleTV box.
Took your advise and it now works.
Many Thanks,
Is this a common issue?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Don't know??? Don't have a ATV. Although, we have not seen much in the way of issues with it here.

QUOTE Thanks
Keiz

OK.
Again, appreciate your help and many thanks for the quick response.
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Have you tried resetting your wifi credentials on it (I assume your wifi network is password protected)?

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Notice - the issue was fixed back in post #3.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems With ATV Resetting Constantly | Apple TV basics for an Apple newbie! »