New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple TV Discussion of Apple TV, the new revolution in watching television.

ATV 2 Unable to Sign In iTunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jmartin2004

jmartin2004 is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone,
I just got my new ATV 2 and canīt sign in iTunes for the Home Sharing. I have access to the internet because the ATV 2 updated to 4.2.1 and I can listen to Internet Radio Stations, watch movie trailers and browse Flickr but donīt have access to Youtube, Mobileme, Home Sharing and canīt set Time and Date either in the other hand Airplay works flawlessly.
Following an advice I check the Apple Time and Date server update in the Mac and works perfectly.
I use a MBP unibody with 10.6.7 and iTunes 10.2.1.
Please I need HELP!!!! itīs the first time an apple product fails on me and will really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks,
Jose

MBP 15 2.4 Mhz 4 Gb 250 Gb HDD
MBA 11 1.6 Mhz 4 Gb 128 Gb HDD
iPad 1st Gen 32 Gb Wi Fi
iPhone 4 32 Gb
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

Have you turned on Home Sharing within iTunes on the Mac? Double-check the sign-in names and passwords (CAPS matter) for the other services as well.

Also, you may just need to reset the ATV2 - I had to do that to mine this week to get it to see Netflix again. You can either unplug it from the power for a minute or so or hold the bottom two buttons (I think) on the remote to force it to power cycle.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Make sure all ports on your network are open. Apparently the ATV uses some odd ports that may need to be opened.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to sreencast to new Apple TV ? | New Apple TV, up and running »