New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

1 milliard polygon in 37second

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fabio

hi

in a thread, somebody told, that there is a programm, that can render one milliard polygon in about 37seconds.

"Außerdem, es gibt jetzt so ein komisches Mac OS X-Programm das eine Milliarde Polygone in 37 Sekunden rendern kann. Gibt's das bei euch da drüben auch?"

know, does somebody of you know this programm??
QUOTE Thanks
PinkPhishDoors

Ummm.... I don't speak......... that^ but i do know that in the Paris expo that guy(forgot his name) did it, hold on i will tell you at what time he said it.
QUOTE Thanks
Animatronica

It was 137million pollgons in 37 seconds I believe. he made a big deal over it. I believe the program was called motion. I'm not positive though.
QUOTE Thanks
PinkPhishDoors

Yes it was motion, i believe it was 38 seconds though but yeah it was over 130 million, pretty amazing.
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPhishDoors
Yes it was motion, i believe it was 38 seconds though but yeah it was over 130 million, pretty amazing.
No, the program wasn't Motion. It was Luxology's Rendering Engine, which will be released next year. In the demonstration at the Expo, it actually rendered over 1 billion polygons in 37 seconds. (The exact number was 1,180,000,000 polygons).

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
Temporary

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio
hi

in a thread, somebody told, that there is a programm, that can render one milliard polygon in about 37seconds.

"Außerdem, es gibt jetzt so ein komisches Mac OS X-Programm das eine Milliarde Polygone in 37 Sekunden rendern kann. Gibt's das bei euch da drüben auch?"

know, does somebody of you know this programm??
1 million polygons in 37 seconds isnt a very big deal
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary
1 million polygons in 37 seconds isnt a very big deal
He was mistaken about the actual number. As I posted above, it was 1.18 billion polygons, not 1 million.

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
fabio

wow even more.

sorry for the stupid mistake million =! milliarde

does some body has the news, from press or whatever???
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Quote:
wow even more.

sorry for the stupid mistake million =! milliarde

does some body has the news, from press or whatever???
All of the info I posted was taken from the Apple Expo keynote webcast, which you can watch here: http://stream.apple.akadns.net/

More information about the company and its products can be found at: Luxology.com

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yeah, he was saying how long it took normal rendering engines to render 1Million polygons and how the new luxology engine in the same time can render 10 times that many.. - all on the powermac G5 of course...
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
He was mistaken about the actual number. As I posted above, it was 1.18 billion polygons, not 1 million.
1 billion in English = 1 Milliarde in German and French (1000 Millions)

For the non-English natives...
QUOTE Thanks
Beatles4Life

Beatles4Life is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.9.5.

Thanks Avalon. I was wondering what on earth a milliarde was.

Now if only I knew German... ::sigh::

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon.
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
1 billion in English = 1 Milliarde in German and French (1000 Millions)

For the non-English natives...
That explains it. Sorry I didn't realize that.

QUOTE Thanks
fabio

really??

but in german the word "billion" also exists.

it also i "big" number.

never mind.
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
really??

but in german the word "billion" also exists.

it also i "big" number.

never mind.
Yes, 1 Billion (german) = 1000 Milliarden (german)
So 1 Billion (german) = 1000 billions (US english)

BTW, my English dictionnary (UK english) says 1 Milliard = 1000 Millions, that's why I added US english above
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X the best Linux (searching the news) | Top Ten David Letterman, iPod »