New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

You want to see the iMac G5 here it is!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gamer

Enjoy,

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=45629
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

That is more of what I envisioned.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

So I wonder how real that is?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

Hrm, Doesn't look 1337 enough to me. Funny story behind it as well. Cool if it is.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

What is 1337 enough mean ? :confused:

QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

l337 means leet as in elite. It's hacker slang and pretty meaningless. Neat pics though!
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Sorry, but I have to do it...

First, if there was enough time to snap that many photos, why are none of them from different angles that would yield a more detailed view? Why doesn't the foam look like it conforms to the shape of the machine? Why would they ship it face-down? Where are all of the documents, disks, wires, keyboard, mouse, etc. that would have been on top of of the machine in the box? Why isn't the word "iMac" visible on the front? Why is it that odd shade of plastic grey? Why is it so "square"? Why do the Power Mac's need multiple fans inside a large case to cool the G5 inside, yet this AIO machine is only about 3 inches thick?

Who knows - maybe it'll turn out that I'm wrong, but it definitely doesn't look right to me.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
Gamer

Maybe it is just the new screen for this new iMac? Because I'm with you it's to thin, but maybe just maybe!
QUOTE Thanks
octohunter

I agree with Padawan. There was far too much time spent here. Why cuoldn't they show us more? In fact, most of us could spend a few minutes on photoshop and make anything look like the next imac.
QUOTE Thanks
Slammin_SoSo

I think maybe its just a screen for the new G5 Imac. I have a feeling they will probably mock the G5 powermac they currently have and will just create it with half the power the powermac has.. I have that feeling. It will probably not be attached as all in one but like the (little sister) of the powermac G5.. I guess we shall see..
QUOTE Thanks
cory

hmm yea not sure what that could be...does kinda seem an odd situation. Would take a long elevator ride to open the box take pictures and repackage it..anway does anyone know the best way to get info on converage on the Paris show on Tuesday?
QUOTE Thanks
PinkPhishDoors

I'm guessing that it isn't the screen for the iMac(much to thick) but MAY be the real thing... They may be using a very unique cooling system. I don't remember what it was... but aren't the apple boxes wrapped it plastic?( i don't remember what mine was in).
QUOTE Thanks
PinkPhishDoors

Wait, i beilive that the question about facing it down, and that the foam doesn't fit are solved... The iMac faces upward in the box, and the foam flips aroundso that the part you see doesn't touch the screens. call me Watson(the program)
QUOTE Thanks
iSheep

The whole idea behind an iMac is that it's all in one with a small footprint - Apple would never build an iMac that has the monitor and base unit seperate.

I find this a bit to fishy. No keyboard, mouse etc. The grey looks wrong. This one's going to sound silly, but the Apple logo at the top is squashed - Apple have never done this.

I too, agree with Padawan.
QUOTE Thanks
PinkPhishDoors

It didn't state where they were being shipped either. If they are in fact genuine imacs then they were probably shipping them out to the stores... Which is a good sign. Because that means they will sell immediatly after apple anounces them. Also Jobs is NOT announcing them( but he is supposed to maybe be back in mid Sep. so they should be releasing them before the 15th.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Paris Expo Set Up | Tiger »