New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Buy Office 2004 for Mac, Get Office 2008 for Mac for Free

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

via Gizmodo

Apple Store online link

Quote:
And if you purchase any of these versions of Office 2004 for Mac by January 14, 2008, you’ll get a full copy of Office 2008 for Mac Special Media Edition when it’s released. That means savings of up to $500. Just complete the redemption form and send it in with your $6.99 payment* no later than February 14, 2008. When Office 2008 is available, Microsoft will deliver it to you at no additional cost.

* Plus any applicable taxes.
Office 2004 is okay, but I've been pretty happy with NeoOffice lately. My wife prefers Office 2004 because she says it works better, but I like the GUI of NeoOffice a whole lot more. At any rate, Office 2008 should prove to be neato. In the meantime I'll stick with iWork

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
amrk47

amrk47 can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Silver MB 2Ghz Core2Duo 2GB RAM

NeoOffice all the way
but I need excel for school, i wish they sold excel alone for like $50
QUOTE Thanks
Sobe

Sobe will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4

You should really check out Office 2008.

It's a good piece of software

I don't support candidates that will say anything to be elected, and avoid answering questions like the plague.
QUOTE Thanks
jxrxdx

jxrxdx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: alu iMac 20" 2.0Ghz C2D 2GB 10.5.1

does anyone know if i could get office 2004 like at amazon.com and still qualify for the rebate, or just through the apple store?
QUOTE Thanks
powermacj7

powermacj7 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Duo White

If I am not mistaken, as long as you have the recipient for Office 2004, you should be able to upgrade for free to Office 08. Please check M$ web site first, and not trust me.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Anyone know when '08 is coming out?

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

You all sure that Office 2008 will not be significantly cheaper that 2004? Microsoft looking after the bottom line again.....
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Anyone know when '08 is coming out?
Supposedly this coming January.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinlondon View Post
You all sure that Office 2008 will not be significantly cheaper that 2004? Microsoft looking after the bottom line again.....
Yes, they've already released the prices for 2008 and its various editions.

And BTW, every company looks after the bottom line, sorry to break it to you.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
And BTW, every company looks after the bottom line, sorry to break it to you.
I know and hope they all companies do that! That was the very reason for considering if the pricing mean that it is a good deal to buy the old Office version now to get an upgrade later. It just sounded to me as if they were trying to get a higher price now than what they would be selling it for later, especially in view of the much lower price for iWorks which now is more of a competitor than before.
QUOTE Thanks
greggles

greggles is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb

I don't know how Microsoft Volume Licensing works in the States, but my firm (which is entirely MS Windows based) gets copies of MS Office for Mac as part of our agreement. I would never have bought Office 2004 if I had not been able to get it free of charge. I for one am quite looking forward to Office 2008, if only for the incompatibility issues! (sic)
QUOTE Thanks
Neo

Neo is a jewel in the roughNeo is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1

From what I've seen (on Microsoft's polished-black and buggy Office 2008 site), you need to buy Office 2004 now, and pay another $10 to upgrade to 2008. whatever. I got Office 2003 for $10 for school and 2008 isn't even tempting.
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

According to MS "Big Friday Deal" (BFD) if you buy Office Mac 2004 on this Friday (11/23) you will be eligible for a $100 rebate from them. This makes things a little more enticing for those who may have been interested in getting Mac Office 2008 in the money saving department.

Rebate Form Here

Super Suite Deal

Office Mac 2004 S/T Edition $124.99 on Amazon.com

So it would cost roughly $32 bucks or so for Mac office 2008. (At least it seems that way )
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

That's pretty crazy hot...I already have Office 2004 for Mac, but for thirty bucks it might be worth buying again to get the 2008 edition...

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrk47 View Post
NeoOffice all the way
but I need excel for school, i wish they sold excel alone for like $50
Will numbers do what you need it to do? Cause it (ie. ilife) is way cheaper.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Mac Pro | iPhone goes corporate: AT&T announces business plan »