New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Looks like Jobs is apologizing for the iPhone price drop!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dimitri

Dimitri is a jewel in the roughDimitri is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz

I guess Apple does have a heart.

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

I have to applaud Jobs.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
QUOTE Thanks
homer_j

homer_j will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.

Hat's off to him.

Just the road and my MBP.. wohoo.. No wireless networks - DOH! Oh well, wheres my ipod! :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
groggy23

groggy23 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"

Wow I'm suprised yet not suprised. But all in all good news. Mr. Jobs does afterall have a heart.
QUOTE Thanks
Bear Hunter

Bear Hunter is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac, MBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
I guess Apple does have a heart.

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

I have to applaud Jobs.
I told you...LOL They should have seen this coming and mitigated their move right off the bat.
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Hunter View Post
I told you...LOL They should have seen this coming and mitigated their move right off the bat.
I stand corrected.

QUOTE Thanks
trademark

trademark has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: i7 iMac; 8gb DDR3 ram; ati mobility 4850; 1tb seagate harddrive @7200rpm

Yay. Now I can get my brother's girlfriend to get me a free new wireless keyboard from the apple store.
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

This is making owners very happy. The ones I've talked to who didn't get a full refund seem satisfied with this.

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

I still don't get why people are complaining about companies lowering prices. If they bought an iPhone at the higher price they obviously thought that's how much it was worth to them... the fact that other people can get it later for less doesn't change that.

Still, hats off to Apple for putting this offer out for those people who feel they where ripped off (2 months after they willingly bought the product and lived happily with it for that length of time... some people). I'm sure if nothing else it will win a few more hearts and minds... although there'll still be the cynics who'll always find something to complain about with Apple.

Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

Looks like a lot more people will be buying Leopard now that they've got $100 waiting for them.
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I still don't get why people are complaining about companies lowering prices. If they bought an iPhone at the higher price they obviously thought that's how much it was worth to them... the fact that other people can get it later for less doesn't change that.

Still, hats off to Apple for putting this offer out for those people who feel they where ripped off (2 months after they willingly bought the product and lived happily with it for that length of time... some people). I'm sure if nothing else it will win a few more hearts and minds... although there'll still be the cynics who'll always find something to complain about with Apple.
How would you feel if they dropped that $2,500 laptop in your sig down to $1,600 just two months after releasing it with the Santa Rosa processor? Same concept. It's not the money that's the issue, it's the amount and the time that bother people. A huge price drop so soon after purchasing one makes people feel upset.

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
Dimitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaidomac View Post
How would you feel if they dropped that $2,500 laptop in your sig down to $1,600 just two months after releasing it with the Santa Rosa processor? Same concept. It's not the money that's the issue, it's the amount and the time that bother people. A huge price drop so soon after purchasing one makes people feel upset.
I would kick myself for not waiting, that's for sure! Would I crucify Apple? If I was an idiot, yes.

QUOTE Thanks
groggy23

groggy23 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRockTuba View Post
Looks like a lot more people will be buying Leopard now that they've got $100 waiting for them.
Exactly!
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaidomac View Post
Well, I didn't buy it until it had been out 2 months anyway. It would have cost 1,600 ($3,200... I'm sure I could have flown to NYC and back for the $700 I would have saved by buying it over there anyway, but that's another subject), but I managed to get it for 1,080 over 3 years (30/$60 a month). If I couldn't have got it for that price I wouldn't have got it because I wouldn't be able to afford it. If Apple magically dropped the price to 630 tomorrow would I be bothered? No. My computer was worth 1,080 (and even 1,600) when I bought it and I would happily pay that much again for one if I needed one, could afford it, and nothing better/cheaper got released between now and then.

To put this another way; when I started college two years ago I bought a 1GB flash drive. It cost 80. Today I can buy a 16GB flash drive for a little less than that. That's like a 1,600% price drop over 104 weeks; or 15% per week, or 90% over 6 weeks. Flash memory prices move quickly.

Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Color me impressed.....

QUOTE Thanks
johnnyluu

johnnyluu will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook

Early adopters could have got nothing and Apple would have been well within their rights. Instead, a day later the CEO openly apologises and offers their loyal customers a substantial compensation.

Apple make mistakes, but they don't half make up for them.

Well done Apple and well done Jobsie!

I say, "Unless it causes death, it's not a problem!".
http://johnny.persistentperil.net
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New iPods | No PDA functionality for iPod Touch »