New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Lucky Kid

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Anyone read this.....

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/ptech/0....ap/index.html
QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

well, persistance pays off

for one, i applaud him. unlocking phones is not illegal so i support this awesomeness.

Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

It's not luck.... It's talent.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
It's not luck.... It's talent.
I take it back it is talent not luck.. he deserves even more.... Apple should of given him a silver lamborgini with the apple logo LOL
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye View Post
well, persistance pays off

for one, i applaud him. unlocking phones is not illegal so i support this awesomeness.
Unlocking phones for personal use is not illegal, but exchanging unlocked phones for "financial gain" (selling a phone for more than it's worth due to it being unlocked by means other than those offered by the service provider) is actually supposedly illegal. If AT&T wants to, they can press the issue and bring legal charges against the teen and the company. Sometimes bragging isn't the best idea.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

The question is how soon will there be a patch available to fix the hack?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
jaline

jaline is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM

It's crazy how much time he must have spent doing that. While hacking is looked down upon (and rightfully so in some cases) he's basically helping people out.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

Well he did financially gain.. a car a 3 8gb IPHONES....
What I dont get is why the cell company made their trade so public... I think the cell company buying it is major illegal no?
QUOTE Thanks
Nabooly

Nabooly is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM

Apparently, the kid will also train a couple of [older] people to do the hack on an iphone. So i guess thats a pretty fair trade. But im stuck as to why the cell company wants the hack so badly? I mean the they wont be able to sell it (illegal). Anyway the phone isnt even worth $600, let alone a 350z :S
QUOTE Thanks
Ryan13

Ryan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really niceRyan13 is just really nice

Smart on the kids part!!
QUOTE Thanks
skye

skye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really niceskye is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

in reality, apple can only gain from this...att loses customers but apple still sells iphones

Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13
QUOTE Thanks
johnnyluu

johnnyluu will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook

The Kid got ripped off!

I say, "Unless it causes death, it's not a problem!".
http://johnny.persistentperil.net
QUOTE Thanks
MacDad77

MacDad77 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz 24" Al iMac 4GB + 2Ghz MacBook 2GB

Wait, if the iPhone can only be used through iTunes and therefor with AT&T, then how is this a benefit? don't you lose some of the features if the phone is not on the AT&T network? How would the browser work? I admit I'm not a computer guru, but I am even more interested in getting one if I can unlock it. I am not fond of AT&T for philopolitcal whatever reasons. Plus it seems counter productive to release such an innovative new device on such a slow network. something else afoot for later on?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
The question is how soon will there be a patch available to fix the hack?
And then all of those hacked phones will be very expensive bricks.

I'd recommend that anyone who does this never bother to install an iPhone update from Apple...ever...

QUOTE Thanks
Rowe2ry

Rowe2ry is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: POS Dell right now. 2.8 ghz pentium 4 256mb RAM and 40GB HD

Ugh should've gotten a Mazda Rx-8. 350Zs closest competitor. If you meet shallow women who like your car, what do you do when you want to take them to your place? The Rx-8 has 2 extra seats.... sorry....a bit off topic........ BIG Mazda fan.

I drive a Mazda Rx-7, shoot a Canon 20D, and soon.......... I will use a Mac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« UK gets Tv shows on iTunes | Good evidence of new nano »