New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Fake Steve!! Noooooo!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brentsax

brentsax is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3

I assume that many folks around here read FSJ. I really enjoy the blog. A New York Times reporter outted him today. I'm so sad! I really wish people could leave well enough alone when it comes to something like that.

Here's the article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/06/te...=1&oref=slogin
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Ah crap! I doan wanna know!
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

It sounds like he wanted to be found out.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

He does say on his blog that tomorrow's there's going to be a huge announcement...

But then again, I just looked and he posted this.
QUOTE Thanks
brentsax

brentsax is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3

I would not have read the Times article had I not already known the identity of the guy. They have his name and picture on Engadget's front page, which is where I first saw the news.

The Times article says that Forbes.com is going to host it now, but I don't think I want to read it anymore since I know who it is...
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

It won't be as fun any more. People won't think of a fake Steve in their imagination. They'll think of the real writer and it will be ruined.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Verted

Verted is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 13" Core Duo, White, 512mb RAM

I had never heard of him. Who is he, and what did he do?
Was he just a guy who worked for apple and leaked information about new Apple products in his blog?

--
Thanks,
- Verted

http://verted.net
QUOTE Thanks
Sandwichman

Sandwichman will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD

No. He wrote a blog as if he were Steve Jobs, while hidding his identity and making clear he wasn't really SJ, all while never leaving character.

It's a sad day when reporters feel the need to clarify everything for people and destroy the mystique. Next week NYT readers will have forgotten, and the once-great blog will be diminished.

Sitting, waiting, wishing...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« .Mac Improvements on Tuesday? | Apple Upgrade Airport Extreme with Gigabit Ethernet »