New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

New Imac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Im looking into buying a 24" IMAC.... but recently my buddy told me about a new IMAC being released which is thinner and more updated and I hear Metal body like the powerbooks instead of the traditional white... is this true, or should I just go ahead and buy the Most recent IMAC at the Apple store?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

There are rumours all the time and usually I say buy now. But this time there's evidence in the form of the OS X 10.4.10 update referring to new iMac models and the fact resellers are strangely low on stocks of iMac at the moment.

If you can just wait 4 weeks, I think it would be worth it.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

Awesome, Thanks so much!
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I lot of people ask the "is this true?" question, but the best answer you'll ever get is the one that comes from you, because nobody really knows. Nobody.

The best we can hope for is looking at the current scene and making our best guestimate. If I remember right, the iMac is the only one of Apple's computer offerings that hasn't been updated this year (oh, and the Mini, but people think it's being phased out). And there are rumors abound about a redesign, which could be a reason no update. Also, you can look at Apple's attention to iPhone and Leopard for delay excuses.

I don't think the current design with the "chin" would look good at all in aluminum. Personally, I'm imagining something like a Cinema display with a built-in iSight and a little thicker to hold the hardware, and a DVD slot of the right and all the plugs in back or some ingenious way of integrating all inputs in one cord/plug, similar to laptop docking station connections, only much better.

I think Apple usually holds major changes for one of their big events, and that won't be coming until December? Can you wait that long? Only time will truly tell.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

I can wait a little longer maybe another 2-3 months, but I really need to buy a desk computer, my powerbook is getting to much wear and tear...
QUOTE Thanks
Miffle

Miffle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac G3 450MHZ 512 RAM DVD

With all the interesting stock changes at the moment its work waiting a month max - past that, if you need the computer, buy it.
QUOTE Thanks
cheez

cheez is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15,4" 2,2Ghz - Nvidia 8600GT - 2Gb Ram / iPhone 1st Gen 16gb

yea there are still rumors and i cant imagine the iMac in full aluminum to be honest..im sure that it would be great but i think white is perfect...
anywayz im waiting for the new iMacs too because i wanna buy a new desktop.Oh well we just have to wait till they come.

Everything Happens For A Reason That Serves You...
QUOTE Thanks
MacMania55

MacMania55 is a jewel in the roughMacMania55 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb

Look bottom line if you need it now buy it. If you can afford to wait, there will always be something a little better coming soon! Thats computers.

MacMania55
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

The only place I've really seen the rumor about the metal iMac is on ThinkSecret which really hasn't been right about anything for a long time. While it may happen, I wouldn't take TS's word for it.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
ibookclamman300

ibookclamman300 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjuicy23 View Post
I can wait a little longer maybe another 2-3 months, but I really need to buy a desk computer, my powerbook is getting to much wear and tear...
what kind of powerbook do you have?

Mac: Macbook C2D 2.0ghz, 120gb hdd, 1gb ram, black
iPod: iPod nano 2ng gen. 8gb, black
QUOTE Thanks
smeshy123

smeshy123 is on a distinguished road

do the current iMacs have LED displays?

Smeshy

15.4" Macbook Pro 1.83Ghz 2GB RAM 80GB HD Mac OS x 10.4.4
1.8Ghz P4 1024mb RAM 2x80GB, 1x160GB, 1x250GB HD's Windows XP and SuSe Linux 9
IPOD 6gb Lime Green Mini
QUOTE Thanks
Skyrider007

Skyrider007 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4

no, they're only found in the new 15" MBPs (2.2 & 2.4ghz)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« LED Displays coming to MacBooks ?? | People waiting for next iphone???????? »