New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

iPhone Service Plans announced

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

Apple Press Release | iTunes Activation and Sync for iPhone

Rate Plans for iPhone | iPhone Activiation & Sync Video

iPhone Pricing:
$499 for 4gb iPhone
$599 for 8gb iPhone

Activation Fee:
$36 per phone

6 Individual Plans:
$59.99 for 450 minutes
$79.99 for 900 minutes
$99.99 for 1,350 minutes
$119.99 for 2,000 minutes
$169.99 for 4,000 minutes
$219.99 for 6,000 minutes

6 Family Plans: (A minimum of two lines are required. Additional iPhone lines are $29.99 each.)
$80 for 700 minutes
$100 for 1,400 minutes
$120 for 2,100 minutes
$160 for 3,000 minutes
$210 for 4,000 minutes
$310 for 6,000 minutes

iPhone Unlimited Data Plan for Current Subscribers: (keep your current voice plan)
$20 plus 200 SMS
$30 plus 1,500 SMS
$40 plus Unlimited SMS

Features: (included on ALL plans)
Unlimited data
Visual Voicemail
200 SMS text messages (more SMS text messages can be added to any plan)
Roll-over minutes
Unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling
Unlimited Night & Weekend minutes on all plans except for 450 minute plan (5,000 Night & Weekend minutes)

Engadget blurb

PC Mag blurb

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Wow, that's a pleasant surprise. The 450 min. plan is only $20 more than the regular voice plan. Not as painful as I had expected. I'll still hold out for contract discounts and 3G.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Wow, that's a pleasant surprise. The 450 min. plan is only $20 more than the regular voice plan. Not as painful as I had expected. I'll still hold out for contract discounts and 3G.
Not only that, but they include Unlimited Data. Unlimited Data at Verizon is $45 a month!

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all

Yeah, Cingular always had a good price on data. Their MediaNet unlimited data plan was $20 a month. then a couple/few weeks ago it jumped to $40, which made me think either AT&T was getting greedy or they were pricing up for the iPhone. This disproves the latter, unless it turns out to just be promotional pricing.

Virtual rep for the quick info posting! (I have to "spread the joy" before I can give you more)

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

That's good news for those buying... I myself will wait for 2.0 with 3G.
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

That's not bad at all.
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
That's good news for those buying... I myself will wait for 2.0 with 3G.
Ditto. Super-excited about the Family Plan too!

QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Yeah, Cingular always had a good price on data. Their MediaNet unlimited data plan was $20 a month. then a couple/few weeks ago it jumped to $40, which made me think either AT&T was getting greedy or they were pricing up for the iPhone. This disproves the latter, unless it turns out to just be promotional pricing.

Virtual rep for the quick info posting! (I have to "spread the joy" before I can give you more)
Thanks! I'm curious to see what they'll do for 3G pricing, whether it will be more or the same.

QUOTE Thanks
scooter

scooter has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid

wow, i'm pleasantly surprised. those are pretty reasonable rates.

that's only about 2k for that two year contract including the lower iPhone and lowest available plan. doesn't include taxes though

From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaidomac View Post
Thanks! I'm curious to see what they'll do for 3G pricing, whether it will be more or the same.
Currently they don't charge any differently for 3G with any other device, so they shouldn't do so with the iPhone either.

QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Wow, the pricing is exactly the same as the current offerings. I pay $60 a month for 450 minutes and unlimited data on my 8525, and that's the same price for the iPhone. This is just great news!!

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
MikeYMS

MikeYMS has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM

Yup it's great news.

Now to just happen to find $600 lying around.
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeYMS View Post
Yup it's great news.

Now to just happen to find $600 lying around.
HAH, I know right? Try having a wife. I need to start digging through my couch for $1200

QUOTE Thanks
Z mann R2

Z mann R2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch

is it 600 dollars with a contract? how much if u already are with att and just want the phone?
QUOTE Thanks
Screwball6986

Screwball6986 is on a distinguished road

We heard it was going to be upwards or $1000 for jus tthe phone if you wanted it, we won't be selling it (Best Buy) until very later.

1.5 ghz 15" Powerbook G4 10.4 Tiger
MacBook White 2.0Ghz C2D 1Gig 10.4 Tiger
MacMini 1.25Ghz G4 1GB 40GB
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ZFS To Become Default File System In Leopard | Best place to buy a mac? »