Thread: IBook G4

Unhappy IBook G4
    HI,
    I have a IBook G4 and installed Tiger by firewire as this has no DVD, now when I boot up it goes through the screens and shows the spinning logo and then screen go black and mouse does not work, if I plug an external mouse this works and you are able to move the cursor on black screen. also I can plug this in via firewire and boot to another laptop fine and see the tiger inslatt any ideas.
    Thanks Lee

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Are you using the original Tiger retail DVD, or is it a system DVD for another Mac?

Arrow Dvd
    Hi,

It is a Pre Release version MacOSXTiger +Xcode (WWDC2004) developer preview discs

Thanks Lee

MacHeadCase
    First of all, by trying to install that, you are doing something illegal, breaking the developers' EULA, and second of all, you are installing a version that was like a beta, probably worse.

I'm sure Apple would love to know who that developer is.

Specs:
    PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
    I'd reccomend getting a cheap Tiger retail disk off eBay, or iBook install CDs.

I have bought a full set of Ebay and I am going to try them, not sure why the DVD version I have got is illegal to install!! I told a apple shop what I was trying to install this and they did not say anything.
    Cheers Lee

MacHeadCase
    Well the disk does say it on the label, according to what you posted:

Pre Release version MacOSXTiger +Xcode (WWDC2004) developer preview discs
    It was probably given to developers attending the 2004 WWDC. Like this year's WWDC, I would bet the people in attendance got a pre-release Leopard version as well.

Unless there's a time limit on those disks, I think the developers sign an agreement with Apple to get those and they cannot leak them to the public. Not saying it's your fault. It's more the guy that made a buck or two off of you.

Wink
    Okay...I am new to apple PC's and software so did not notice the difference.

Cheers Lee

MacHeadCase
    No problem.

Question
    Hi,

I have tried this and I still get the black screen I am able to move a external mouse and i can get to the bios and command promts but it will not go past this black screen. any ideas

Thanks Lee

Thread Information