New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple's possible New Baby! Micro iPod!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Hey Apple, you have the standard iPod thats really Cool and the Mini iPod that's Hot! How about a Micro iPod to complete the range, it'll be scorching hot!

Imagine, a digital device, one that we could wear similar to a digital MP3 player. Utilising Toshibia's 0.85 Inch HD?

http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Pat...00659c00001d2a

I'd order 2!
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

Holy crap that thing is tiny. What's amazing to me is that they're selling them inside of PCMCIA cards for only $130. That's dirt cheap for such a new and advanced drive.
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Sweet. Thats really small mate. Micro iPod!
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

That is totally amazing! Next generation iPod keychain next?
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

That would own, like, a lot.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Wow! Very very awesome!
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Well, I thought... Here in Hong Kong, Japan, possibly across China and various Asia Pacific. Trendy people everywhere have thrown out the Personal CD Players, Personal Cassettes, Mini-Discs etc for something much smaller.

The Digital MP3 Player. Typical size are around 30x50x15mm powered by an single AAA cell, giving around 10-20 hours of playback. But storage is limited to between 64-256Mb. And if you have some thing with a Media Slot then you might have up to 1Gb.

I have an 10Gb iPod, but since those things are some what Big and a little too heavy to wear. In my opinion, even the mini; i still consider physically too big to be fashionable. Although other do wear their mobile around the neck too.

And since the technology is already around... with every day, it's getting better and better, smaller and smaller! Why shouldn't our favorite computer company; almighty Apple™ take on this challenge to build the Ultimate in Digital Fashion accessory? A key throb MP3 Player with 4Gb Hard Disk. And maybe, make it a Limited Edition too.

It'll be absolutely cool!
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

I'm sure it's in the works! Can't wait to see it
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

I doubt an iPod based on a 0.85" HD would be different enough in size to warrant yet another iPod model - after all, they'd still need the screen and touch wheel of some sort, which can't be shrunk down that much. And consider that a 4GB micro ipod would need to be more expensive than a 4GB iPod mini - probably $300.

Though, introducing a $200 2GB model might be a good plan.
QUOTE Thanks
matthews

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarManta
I doubt an iPod based on a 0.85" HD would be different enough in size to warrant yet another iPod model - after all, they'd still need the screen and touch wheel of some sort, which can't be shrunk down that much. And consider that a 4GB micro ipod would need to be more expensive than a 4GB iPod mini - probably $300.

Though, introducing a $200 2GB model might be a good plan.
Dude they could put the controls on the head phone wire I think sony does something like that with some of there cd players.
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Personally, i'm not after tons of features. Apple could add a remote port or something for users that need to access the other features. Like as Mathew said. On the unit, they only really need one or two buttons, with a hold switch. A small display displaying basic information and battery life. Something tiny with the 4Gb of storage and a decent battery would make me really happy.

Currently i use this MP3 Player, made by Samsung. The display is tiny, showing me everything I need. Weights about 45 grams without battery. I paid $1700 If Apple produced a Micro iPod, i'll be happy to pay around $3000 for it. (HK Dollars)

http://www.samsung.com/he/products/m...yer/yp_55v.asp
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

That's awesome! More then like a years music in one device?
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

Oh... apparently Apple don't make our beloved iPods, they only designed the thing! Next they be reporting Apple don't mac Macintoshes and Powerbooks! Hehehe... what's next?

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_...fm?NewsID=8660
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hype.it
Oh... apparently Apple don't make our beloved iPods, they only designed the thing! Next they be reporting Apple don't mac Macintoshes and Powerbooks! Hehehe... what's next?
http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_...fm?NewsID=8660
Duh! Don't say u didn't know this :eek:

Oh, and btw, the Powerbooks are also only designed by apple, and the actual production is outsourced. tadaaa :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
citystar2k

citystar2k is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.

See, the main thing with ipods and mp3 players is the capacity. I'll be getting a mini ipod when they get released over here, that will hold more than enough tracks for me wherever i go, i cant always take my powerbook around with me. That samsung player looks good, but 256mb storage doesnt cut it for me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Where is the Newton?¿ | G5 iMacs coming soon! »