New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Connecting to a Win2K3 fileserver

Thread Closed

stevehaxxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglist
Hi Rudi,

I am also having problems connecting our macs here at work to the windows servers. I would love to have some help in resolving this issue. Please help.
We installed a extra drive in our Windows 2003 Server and created a new share, and moved our files to the new share, the pc computers can see the share just fine, the mac's can't see the folders. (before the moving folders off of the main drive, everyone could see the 150 gig and 120,000 files just fine in one share). I thought it might be a files size and amount of folders, 150 gig 120,000 files, but after reducing each share to 20 gig and 12,000 files, they still won't show up on the mac's.

It seem's like it's not updating what's on the Windows 2003 server for the mac's?

Sounded like the above fixe might work but would like confirmation.

Please help..
stevehaxxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglist
Hi Rudi,

I am also having problems connecting our macs here at work to the windows servers. I would love to have some help in resolving this issue. Please help.
We installed a extra drive in our Windows 2003 Server and created a new share, and moved our files to the new share, the pc computers can see the share just fine, the mac's can't see the folders. (before the moving folders off of the main drive, everyone could see the 150 gig and 120,000 files just fine in one share). I thought it might be a files size and amount of folders, 150 gig 120,000 files, but after reducing each share to 20 gig and 12,000 files, they still won't show up on the mac's.

It seem's like it's not updating what's on the Windows 2003 server for the mac's?

Please help..
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

I would look here as a start
stevehaxxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark
I would look here as a start
The mac world is relatively new to me, so I have a limited amount of knowledge on mac's and want to make sure I am applying the right solution. The solution above about applying the (change to the policy named Microsoft network client: Digitally sign communications (always) to disabled.) sounded like it would fix my problem, but I wanted to ask people such as yourself who have experience whether I was correct.

Thanks,
rudi

:cool:

If anyone is having problems conntcting their Mac to server 2003 there now is a simple solution you can now by software from me that we allow you to do all the things with your mac on a pc server you would exspect. its easy and simple to use so if you want to obtain the software then contact me

Rudi Dobson
rudi

Hi

I can help you connect your mac in 3 easy moves so contact me and I will walk you through it

regards

Rudi Dobson

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehaxxon

Please help..
bartolomoio

Hello everyone... I'm new here so I hope I sit in the right thread.

Our company just bought one of his first mac's. A Powerbook G4 OS X 10.3.6. Great machine.... But I have a little troubles connecting to our Win 2003 Server.
I managed it to bind it to the active directory. So for so good, when i go to network in the finder i see all my servers and PC's in the local domain but cannot connect to it.
When I try to connect it says: "The alias 'servername' could not be opened, because the original item cannot be found"
When i try it trough "connect to server" it says "could not connect to the server because name or password is not correct"

I've tried to install MS UAM but still the same result. I tried to set "Digitaly sign communications (always) to disabled" Nothing worked....

Somebody got a good answer for this? O, almost forgot: we don't use an .local domain.

Thank you guys very much for the stil to come help....

Bart
rudi

Hi just download the following link and install and you will be able to connect to your PC Server

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...SUAM_for_X.hqx

Rudi Dobson

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehaxxon

Please help..
:dive:
rudi

This link/ download will enable anyone to connect to server 2003 from their mac

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...SUAM_for_X.hqx

regards

Rudi Dobson :baron:
jcayo11

Not sure if anybody formally thanked you on the post, but after a good 48 hours, this file fixed the problem.

Thanks.
Flx

hmm ok this thread is a bit old but ill try anyway

I must say before that I am not that known with mac os etc..

- ive got a win2k3 server running with no appletalk services or so ever,
- we have got a share "//servername//archives"

a collegue uses mac al lot for design and stuff, he can connect to the share, then he gets a login screen, uses his user/password.

he can get in the share but he cannot see any files ? Why ? plz help..
rudy ?
minyiz

We currently upgraded our file server to windows 2003 as a member server. we did not to the domain upgrade or prep for windows 2003. so that might bring us some issue.

We successful connected all the MAC to the windows 2003 file server. Unfortunately, users with OS 9 or 9.2.2 can't see files or folder created in PC..

ex. windows XP user create a folder called MAc-2000.
users in OS X using SMB can see the files. But users with OS 9.2. can't!!!

Any idea!!!
michaelmatos

Did you ever get an answer for this I am also having the same issues. AFP access to win2k3 server results in in some files not showing up. Any file posted by a Windows desktop do not update the SFM with the info for the Mac user to see. Is there on the Mac and through SMB, but not viewable with AFP.
dgminor1

I could use your help connecting a mac to a newley install windows 2003 server upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi
I have connected my Apple Mac G4 Powerbook to Windows Server 2003, It is not connected through samba, you dont need to reduce your password to 6 alpha or numerics.

Anyone wanting to connect to Server 2003 contact me, its too complicated to write on here, it conects just like you would on a PC, i can access all my users files as a administrator and copy them to my Mac, you dont connect via smb or the with the usual box, when I connect i get a Box with the microsoft logo and enter my usual name and password and bingo I am in.

I will help anyone with theis problem as I found Apple support totally un helpful in this area as I also did microsoft.

It really dose work!!!!! i have also synced Microsoft Entourage to my server as well no probs

You need to download from the Microsoft website UAM Enabiler and install it on your Mac

Rudi Dobson

MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

Has anyone tried smbclient from the terminal?

smbclient //servername/sharename -U username

It's not as easy as a GUI but it works, and it's free.

Thread Closed

« my dad told me.... | apple inc???!?!?!? »