New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

MBP Color options?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

floyd923

floyd923 is an unknown at this point

I did some searching and came up empty handed, so if there is another thread or a good link, please provide.

Does anyone know of any rumors that the MBP will come with color options? Either the white or the black of the MB? Not the biggest fan of the aluminum color of the MBP. Would appreciate any leads or thoughts on the possibility of different MBP cases.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
karudzo

karudzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM

I've never heard rumors about this and would doubt it since they've stuck with aluminum color for so long now.
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

I haven't heard anything like that. There are companies out there that sell them in different colors, but you'll pay premium for it.

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
???

??? is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.0Ghz

Also the track pad and the keyboard are still silver!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Well, aside from costly custom paint jobs, you could check out the MacBook Pro red case from Speck products. It's not an all-over type of thing, but it's a pretty effective way of making your MBP standout.
QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

Weaksauce... no 17" cases.

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
DeathtoToasters

DeathtoToasters has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukemm View Post
Weaksauce... no 17" cases.
They told me to check back around march....
I cannot wait for it either

"Death to Toasters" - John Connor

"All Hail the Power of Bauer"

"The Heavens will run red with Blood, but in the End, As Always, Thanos will Stand Triumphant!" - Thanos
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

I love my Speck red case!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I want one.. but I have a 17 inch.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
moss918

moss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 2.93C2D 4GB

I had the 13" speck case and sent it back as the base was warped away from the Macbook, so much that the ports no longer matched up. The red does look good on the MBP's though...
QUOTE Thanks
cheesybanana

cheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nicecheesybanana is just really nice
Mac Specs: C2D MacBook Pro

For the MBP? I doubt it. The MBP is considered their professional line (obviously), so they have no reason to add cool colors. The MacBook would be where color options might appear.
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

Chimpur is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature

I know its been metioned before... but what about apple making it a custom option to make the apple on the back different colours?
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpur View Post
I know its been metioned before... but what about apple making it a custom option to make the apple on the back different colours?
The question is, how much would you pay for that?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless N available for download | Apple announces new Airport Extreme basestation »