New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

(HOAX on EBAY) Selling a POWERBOOK - Box

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

noirluispher

BTW, I bought my Apple on ebay, using paypal. Have you checked out how much money it cost to use ESCROW? That's very expensive. Trust me, I was somewhat apprehensive about buying from someone, but I actually called him at his house. In fact, we spoke on the phone pretty much everyday for a week (the time it took for the Powerbook to arrive). I was real comfortable buying it, mainly because of the interaction we had prior, during, and after the transaction. I would highly suggest that anyone that purchases expensive items EBAY, to get personal with the other person. And if they still feel that it's a fake or fraudulant auction, they can back out.

OMHO.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedogg
I keep looking for a feedback from either one but nothing has come up.
There is still the continue button for the winning bid! I wonder what's happening?
QUOTE Thanks
alejandrico

alejandrico is on a distinguished road

Probably those stolen computers were not stolen to Apple but a end users who bought them from Apple and latter their computers were stolen
QUOTE Thanks
Tune280

lol thats funny thanks for the news.
QUOTE Thanks
s3pt1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirluispher
50%!? That seems a little high. Do you really think, that Apple's security is so "SLACK" that it allows so many computers to be stolen? I don't.
I didn't make that statistic up and I didn't do the estimating, so no I don't "really" believe it; that's just what I was told and I'll believe Apple dealers over you any day. Also, of course Apple wouldn't let that many computers be stolen. NEWS ALERT: Apple actually sells computers to other people.
QUOTE Thanks
s3pt1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirluispher
BTW, I bought my Apple on ebay, using paypal. Have you checked out how much money it cost to use ESCROW? I would highly suggest that anyone that purchases expensive items EBAY, to get personal with the other person. And if they still feel that it's a fake or fraudulant auction, they can back out.

OMHO.
Yes Escrow is expensive, but so are Macs and therefore one should be careful not to get the shaft. The extra money IS worth the piece of mind for to some of us.

Perhaps I should also note here that my friend DID get personal with this seller; to the tune of several phone calls and many e-mails. AGAIN, this seller's feedback is/was PERFECT, so checking it only makes you more likely to buy. The point here is that you can't be too careful; lucky for you that wasn't an issue.
QUOTE Thanks
beret9987

beret9987 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP

OOH!!!! BOX! Just what i need for my sisters birthday! She always wanted an powerbook
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes Music Store In Canada, When? | Canon is bollie »