New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

apple inc???!?!?!?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mr g5

mr g5 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM

I dont like that. I think they should keep Apple Computer because all their products are still computers.

Apple computer is also good because it reflects there past

Join the Mac-forums folding team By Clicking Here
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

But all their products are not computers. The iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, and Airport are not computers. The new name just reflects Apples move into a more general consumer electronics company.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
UncSki1218

Personally, I think Apple changing their name is odd. Steve Jobs was always bothered when asked too much about the iPod saying that Apple was a computer company first. It's weird for him to choose to drop "Computer" from the name. This tells me that Jobs has changed his mind (probably because of the iPhone) and may focus less on the computers. I doubt we'll see Apple Computers fade away, but we clearly will be seeing much more focus on other products.
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Oh quit complaining, you're still going to call it "Apple" anyway

And as Schweb said, it shows that Apple is moving more towards consumer electronics (which includes computer).

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamindaines View Post
Oh quit complaining, you're still going to call it "Apple" anyway
Give him a mod badge and look how bossy he gets. :blind:

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
Give him a mod badge and look how bossy he gets. :blind:
*hangs head in shame*

QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
But all their products are not computers. The iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, and Airport are not computers. The new name just reflects Apples move into a more general consumer electronics company.
They're all computers. They may not look like them, but they're all computers, with processing units and memory and software, every one of them.

I only wonder what this focus-shift means for the future of the Mac platform. I like the iPod and newer gadgets just fine, but my Mac is the only thing I depend on.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist View Post
They're all computers. They may not look like them, but they're all computers, with processing units and memory and software, every one of them.

I only wonder what this focus-shift means for the future of the Mac platform. I like the iPod and newer gadgets just fine, but my Mac is the only thing I depend on.
I am worrying about the same thing. My macs are all I have that keep me going, with school and work. I do ALL my work on them, if they start to not be as good because Apple is starting to focus on other things, I will not be happy.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I view it as an admission that Apple is not "just" a computer company anymore. They have branched out into other devices, but each and every one of those devices is still designed to integrate seamlessly with a Mac. Sure they may work with Windows, but they work better with a Mac. It's a part of the draw. I'm already seeing people jumping on the Mac bandwagon because of the iPhone and it's not even available yet.

QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I think it's a good thing.. it does more accurately describe what they do now, but it's going to be weird for awhile calling it Apple, Inc
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

Apple are still a computer company first, but that doesn't mean that only build the computers themselves. I mean, what use is an iPod, airport extreme or appleTV if you don't use it _with_ a computer? They are devices intended to be use by and with a computer, and I would say the iPhone can be safely classified as a computer in its own right. Even the consumer electronics Apple make are designed to fit neatly within the world of Mac.

Note that I am using computer in the 'Personal Computer' meaning of the word. I know that they are all, technically, computing devices ;-)
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Another thing just came to mind, it seems very close (perhaps too close) to Apple Corps for my liking.

QUOTE Thanks
mr g5

mr g5 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM

I just hope they remember that computers is there past and that they continue to focus alot of there attention on computers, not ipods and other gadgets.

I would be mad if one day apple no longer made computers

Join the Mac-forums folding team By Clicking Here
QUOTE Thanks
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

Evolution happens. With so many new products coming soon from Apple, the new name gives them and the public a clear image of where they have been and where they are heading. I find it kind of funny that people may be upset at them dropping "Computer" from their legal name.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr g5 View Post
I just hope they remember that computers is there past and that they continue to focus alot of there attention on computers, not ipods and other gadgets.

I would be mad if one day apple no longer made computers
I wouldn't be worried about that. Since the iPod's creation in 2001 we have gotten

PowerBook G4 (Gigabit Ethernet)

iBook (14.1")
iMac (Flat Panel)
Power Macintosh G4 (Quicksilver 2002)
eMac
PowerBook G4 (DVI)
iBook (Mid 2002)
Xserve
iMac (17")
Power Macintosh G4 (Mirrored Drive Doors)
iBook (Late 2002)
PowerBook G4 (1 GHz/867 MHz)

Power Macintosh G4 (FireWire 800)
PowerBook G4 (12.1")
PowerBook G4 (17")
iMac (Early 2003)
Xserve (Cluster Node)
Xserve (Slot Load) / Xserve RAID
iBook (Early 2003)
iPod (Dock Connector)
eMac (ATI Graphics)
Power Macintosh G5
iMac (USB 2.0)
PowerBook G4 (12.1" DVI)
PowerBook G4 (15" FireWire 800)
PowerBook G4 (17" 1.33 GHz)
iBook G4

iPod mini
Xserve G5
Xserve G5 (Cluster Node)
eMac (USB 2.0)
iBook G4 (Early 2004)
PowerBook G4 Family
Power Macintosh G5 (June 2004)
iPod (Click Wheel)
iMac G5
iBook G4 (Late 2004)
iPod (U2 Special Edition)
iPod photo

iPod shuffle
Mac mini
PowerBook G4 (1.5 - 1.67 GHz)
iPod mini (2nd gen)
Power Macintosh G5 (Early 2005)
eMac (2005)
iMac G5 (Ambient Light Sensor)
iPod (color U2 SE)
iPod (color)

iBook G4 (Mid 2005)
iPod nano
iMac G5 (iSight)
iPod (with video)
Power Macintosh G5 (Late 2005)
PowerBook G4 (Dual Layer SD)

iMac (Early 2006)
MacBook Pro
Mac mini (Early 2006)
MacBook Pro (17-inch)
MacBook
iPod (with video, U2 SE)
iMac (Mid 2006)
Mac Pro
iMac (Late 2006)
iPod nano (Second Generation)
iPod shuffle (Second Generation)

Now thats a whole lot of stuff besides the iPod..and sales have been getting better every year, there is no reason why Apple would stop making computers

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting to a Win2K3 fileserver | The iPhone again... »