New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Mac is also in best buy now.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

WhiteYfz

WhiteYfz is an unknown at this point

yup, what the title says. i seen the imac in 24 and 20 inch.they als ohad the macbook pro, and the macbooks.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

bestbuy has sold macs for at least a couple years now.
QUOTE Thanks
WhiteYfz

WhiteYfz is an unknown at this point

i have been to many best buys, and never seen a mac, or mac accessories.. mabe its only in new york.. sorry
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

no problem. i've worked for them for years, and i remember thinking about getting one of the ibooks (i think that was the model), when i bought my first laptop a few years ago. i also see a ton of mac minis on our employee auction all the time.
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

imacmatt09 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram

I think it was online only for a long time.
QUOTE Thanks
BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver will become famous soon enough

I've not seen any at the Best Buy's here in GA.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

bestbuy does have a customer focused program (i won't go into too much detail - i'm not sure how much is general knowledge) that lets stores focus product on what a majority of people in a given area may want. so some areas where the techie crowd is huge, i'd guess you'd see a much larger computer area where they'd have the room to display a couple macs.
QUOTE Thanks
BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver will become famous soon enough

Demographics I'm sure plays a part and I do live in a very savvy computer area in Metro Atlanta, however I also work for a Apple Authorized reseller so if people in the area are looking for an Apple they would come to us.
QUOTE Thanks
preludemd

preludemd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.33C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB Hd

Actually it's part of a pilot program that Apple is trying with Best Buy. It started with 7 stores and has rolled out to 50 stores in October. So only a select few BBY stores actually carry Macs in the store.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2156
QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 27" 5k imac i7, 295x

where i live, the BB has had macs for atleast a year

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
DV'sG4

I've always been a fan of 1-800-MY-APPLE. 90% of the time when I buy from Apple it's over the phone..
QUOTE Thanks
amdxmania

amdxmania is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Unibody 15" MBP 2.66GHZ 500GB 7200RPM 4GB RAM Nvidia 9600m

i think its depend on the locations.
bb near my house don't have mac products at all
QUOTE Thanks
MrRandave

MrRandave is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum. I actually got a new macbook from bestbuy! I was able to exchange my 3 yr old PC for the new black macbook because of bestbuy's "no lemon policy" in their warranty package. before, they only sold mac's through their website, but now they have them in select stores since Nov. 26 through their pilot program. here's a list of stores that carry macs:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2230
QUOTE Thanks
Howie J

Howie J is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody Mac Book Pro, 2.66 Ghz Mac Pro w/ 2gb RAM. 1ghz G4 Powerbook w/ 768 RAM.

I'm not sure what the previous deals were with Best Buy but I know when I started working for them in June of 2005 we had a few Mac Mini's here in MN and then they pulled them. They are now putting them in stores that are Best Buy for Business "Full" models and lab stores. Our store is a "Lite" model and we don't have the macs in, but I hope we get them soon. The rest of our store puts all Mac inquiries to me when I'm there, which is fine. Comical sometimes, but fine.

Howie J
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Circuit City Has Mac | nasty NASTY Leopord rumor? »