New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple to sell TV's

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/06...5_id.html?.v=1

Will Apple sell TVs in the future, or do you think this is just another rumor?

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

Most likely just another rumor.

They may release a larger monitor (think 40" with same resolution as 30"), but I doubt they will have tuners of any sort.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
mraya

mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

That is an old rumor, the first time i heard about it was before they released the iPod HiFi. The 24" iMac is somehow a confirmation/different version of those rumors. Despites its efforts Microsoft has failed to invade the living room, while Apple achived this by "accident" with the mini and now with the help of Front Row.
They may not release "just a TV" but something similar i hope so.

edit: accident used as a loose term to sarcastically compare Apple's success with MS and it's Windows Media Center edition.

[is pointless to click here]
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I don't believe that Apple invaded the living room by accident. If you have been following Apple for a long time you would know it was planned all along.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
I don't believe that Apple invaded the living room by accident. If you have been following Apple for a long time you would know it was planned all along.
That's right. With the advent of their tv/media centre they're moving towards home entertainment.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of

I don't think they entered the livingroom by accident... i think entering the car market with people putting mac minis in their car, I think that was an accident

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I wouldn't be the first time...
QUOTE Thanks
Jonnyfive

Jonnyfive has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD

Sounds like a rumor to me, there are a lot that float around and have little basis.

White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 iMac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD|Combo Drive http://jonnyfive.tumblr.com/
QUOTE Thanks
NTL1991

Well know what, When Apple gets into a new market, they usually dominate it. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see an Apple LCD TV...

Nick
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

i dont think they will make tv;s. i think they will make a bigger 'cinema' display for there pro market but i dont think they will make tv's.
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Looks like just another rumor. I personally prefer if they keep their focus on Computers.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

I would really like to see apple become a "pro" company... Obviously non-pros could buy their systems too, but it would be geared to pros. TVs for professional video editors, high end speakers for professionals in audio, etc, etc... Although I think they are more dropping the pros and going more for consumer market.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
mdavis71

mdavis71 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook

pro's end is nice. but the money is at the consumer end, when you sell 300 of consumer items and 2 of the pro's they gotta go where the money is at.
QUOTE Thanks
Jabjabs

Jabjabs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB

An iTV hooked up to an Apple TV running stuff over an airport connection from your iMac while streaming music off your iPod that you downloaded off iTunes... that would be kind of cool.

Mac Life - Apple Mac computers news, forums and more...

http://www.finiteloops.com
QUOTE Thanks
maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

who knows, but all i know is seeing how some people are using the big HD Apple Displays for TV's now....anythings possible!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Pro now shipping with Core 2 Duo | Apple to halt sale of some products in Europe »