New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Dvorak: Apple to go Intel within 18 Months

Thread Closed

Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

im with schweb on this one...
AstralZenith

Quote:
Originally posted by schweb@Mar 20 2003, 08:37 PM
Ok, ok guys, play nice! Let's keep this forum for news and comments and move the "My CPU is better than your's" to a more appropriate place
no, it isnt about that, its about apple's adds which say they are better. Im sure all of us recall the adds around the iMac era... where the G3 toasts pentium or something similar... it seems very contradictary that apple woudl choose pentium then.
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

good point...

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
AstralZenith

Quote:
Originally posted by Graphite@Mar 20 2003, 09:32 PM
im with schweb on this one...
think for your self maybe? <_<
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Whats wrong with agreeing? I was going to say the same/similar thing but he beat me to it.
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

AstralZenith, please try to keep the derogatory comments to yourself.

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

I guess this never happened? Just a "rumor" and nothing more? Anymore news on this subject?

:confused:

sKaD
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

Man, bringing back the dead

I don't see this happening anytime soon. Why would they risk changing chips twice in 2 years. G5 all the way!

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
sKaD

I forget what thread I was in... but at the bottom it has the "Similar Threads" anyways, this topic had nothing to do with the recent one I was looking at. Well anyways, the title of course made me curious.

I don't see it happening anymore either. I mean, it was talking about Apple going with Intel's 64-bit processor and currently I'm on a 64-bit processor so apparently they didn't go with Intel.

sKaD
HopperJonusFang

PowerPC rules!
Enough said!
iMags

I just happened to be looking through the threads on this particular topic, and although it is definately a dead argument as to whether or not Apple will get a new chip maker or not (Good reason not to get Stock tips from internet forums), what really interested me the most was the dates of the conversation. March 20th I was busy kicking off the Coalition Air war, and on the 23rd we moved to An Najaf, Iraq only about 3 miles behind the tanks. Now I know what I was thinking aobut those days, but what I'm wondering is what was going on in the minds of some of those in this thread. I'd like to envision that at least CNN (or my new personal favorite, Fox News) was on the TV in the background as these mind numbing questions were thrown around cyberspace. While you guys were busy pissing in each others corn flakes about Prcessor hardware, was any one even aware that we were at war, lives were being lost, and that we were winning the most decicive military victory in history?
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

yes, there was a war. yes i knew about it, but i cant drop everything on my mind to focus on one thing. i spent many more hours talking to my friend in the army in fear it could be the last time i talked to him than i did on this topic, but i still thought about this topic.

HopperJonusFang

wow!
StarManta

Don't we have one...of....those...here?
sKaD

lol, so lame.

sKaD

Thread Closed

« Powerbook G5 not likely soon... | NEW Powerbook HD »