New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

23" custom iMac???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iPodJon120

iPodJon120 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone

I went to my local Futureshop (like a Best Buy) today and one of the guys working there said the iMac comes in 17" and 20" but you could also get a special order 23". I don't know how true this is. I've never heard of it. I'm thinking the guy was getting the iMac sizes confused with the Apple Cinema displays. Anyone else hear of a 23" special order iMac?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Not on Apple's Site = Doesn't exist
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis
Not on Apple's Site = Doesn't exist
exactly everything apple makes is listed on their site, they do not have anything not on their site that they do make.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
MacMania55

MacMania55 is a jewel in the roughMacMania55 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb

hahah wow he must be either stoned or misinformed!

MacMania55
QUOTE Thanks
netdog

netdog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodJon120
I went to my local Futureshop today and one of the guys working there said the iMac comes in 17" and 20" but you could also get a special order 23". I don't know how true this is.
Definitely confusing it with the 23" ACD. Future Shop has some of the most misinformed sales people I've ever come across. Some of the stuff you hear these salesmen tell prospective customers regarding PC related stuff (Win and Mac platform) would make you cringe, seriously.
QUOTE Thanks
IronMac

IronMac is a jewel in the roughIronMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
exactly everything apple makes is listed on their site, they do not have anything not on their site that they do make.
Could we have that in english please?
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodJon120
I went to my local Futureshop (like a Best Buy) today and one of the guys working there said the iMac comes in 17" and 20" but you could also get a special order 23". I don't know how true this is. I've never heard of it. I'm thinking the guy was getting the iMac sizes confused with the Apple Cinema displays. Anyone else hear of a 23" special order iMac?
Yeah, based on Apple's history, they usually keep a tight lid on future releases and even local store employees don't know what's coming next. From a customer perspective it's kind of dumb because we don't get to know what's coming out next, but this is also an effective way of preventing product leaks.

It would be cool to have a 23" iMac though. I took my mom to the local Apple store a few months ago to show her Apple's stuff and while she was wowed at the 30" LCD, she was disappointed that you had to purchase a seperate computer rather than having the entire thing inside the monitor like the iMacs. Can you imagine a 30" iMac...you could probably fit dual hard drives and dual processors in it, lol.
QUOTE Thanks
iPodJon120

iPodJon120 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone

Ya, that's what I figured. I told the guy that he was probably talking about the ACDs but he insisted about the iMac. I just wanted to post it on here just to see if there was any truth to it. I was aware that reseller employees didn't know about future releases so that made it even more skeptical. I didn't want to argue the issue any further. lol

It would be cool if there was a 23" but I'd be kinda pissed cause I just ordered a 20" last week. (still waiting to get it)
QUOTE Thanks
iMacMan

hes a stoner.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMac
Could we have that in english please?
Hey give me a break, I was really really tired. I rarely screw up that bad.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

I wish they'd make a wall-mountable iMac with a 23 or 30" screen. Now that's a home media center!

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks
BlindingLights

BlindingLights is a jewel in the roughBlindingLights is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_tough_to_die
I wish they'd make a wall-mountable iMac with a 23 or 30" screen. Now that's a home media center!
actually correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the iMac came with a wall-mountable stand, something like a corner stand?

Edit: or actually that you could buy separately...

the back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_boy22
i can store many dvds on 1 floppy so it's essential to me
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingLights
actually correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the iMac came with a wall-mountable stand, something like a corner stand?

Edit: or actually that you could buy separately...
As far as I know, the current iMac's can't be mounted...

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

The iMac G5s before the iSight revision could be mounted I think while the new one's have a diefferent shape case which somehow doesn't allow for hanging it up.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_tough_to_die
As far as I know, the current iMac's can't be mounted...
Anything is possible with a little ingenuity...

Wall Mounted iMac

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple event next thursday.... | Macbook »