Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Say goodbye to Aperture, Apple announces they won't continue to develop Aperture !!!
    Sad sad day for this people that have invested heavily into the Aperture DAM for the Pro Photography App.

Apple kicks Aperture (and iPhoto) to the curb; are we ready for Photos? | iMore

“With the introduction of the new Photos app and iCloud Photo Library, enabling you to safely store all of your photos in iCloud and access them from anywhere, there will be no new development of Aperture. When Photos for OS X ships next year, users will be able to migrate their existing Aperture libraries to Photos for OS X.” — Apple, Inc.
    BUT all is not lost. Here is a great article written by Joseph of Aperture Expert | Aperture is Dead. Long Live Photos!

Your thoughts ??
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

I am just an amateur with several thousand precious lifetime family photos. When I moved to Apple from Windows I took the plunge and went with Aperture, using Aperture's library and my own project/album structure. So this news today really got my attention. Relieved to see that Yosemite will support Aperture while I carefully evaluate the options and watch how the migration pathway tests out, but I am uneasy.
    Longtime Windows, then onto slippery slope with iPod/iTunes in 2006, then Apple TV, iPad, iMac, iPhone, rejuvenated a discarded MacBook and, finally, Apple Watch. Happy camper.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Thanks for the article, Brent. Will read it after my coffee kicks in.

Have to admit, I was a bit put out when I saw the announcement, even though I've switched primarily to Lightroom. Many things I find easier to do in Aperture (probably because I'm more familiar with it).
    Hopefully it all turns out for the best.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Yea Mike, I think we are going to be OK. I think Apple know the importance of a good DAM for the Apple Pro, because they have been doing well with Aperture, and to be totally honest, I think they know they are shooting themselves in the foot IF they don't apply most of the Editing tools Aperture had, because it sits at #4 os the highest grossing in the US App Store.

We won't be left in the dark IMHO. The thing I loved about Aperture is the File/folder structure it had. 200% better than LR and one of the reasons I stayed with it, although I do have the Photoshop photography Program @$9.99 a mth . .

From the screen shots, it looks like "Photos" App is pretty slick, and has the same drop downs as Aperture, but I know they like holding their cards to their chest, and won't show much until release.

It has to be something special, or they would of show cased it at WWDC, but because they don't want others to get any ideas, they are waiting IMHO
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Oh, I just bought Aperture this year... Oh well...

I suppose we will be able to have a file structure again and store the pictures locally? Not sure if I want speedo pictures of myself on Apple servers.

I was still beginning to learn Aperture, was going to invest in Nik software a week ago...

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Aperture isn't going to quit working, so you can still use it, and surely the new Photos APP will allow you to opt out on cloud storage. Will have to wait and see.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Aperture isn't going to quit working, so you can still use it,
    And neither is iPhoto going to quit working. When the new Photos app is installed, iPhoto will be relagated to its own folder just as the previous versions of iWork apps, iMovie, and GarageBand were.

Hello

Got Aperture and Lightroom for years.
    Now I use a lot ... ONONE Perfect Photo suite ... what a delight.
    Regards

Thread Information