New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple bringing a Wearable out in October for their new HealthKit ??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Again, if rumours are to be true, it looks like Apple is bringing out a Wearable (with the help of Nike) out in the October Announcements . . . Would you buy one ??

Apple’s health-focused wearable is coming in October?

Quote:
Referencing unnamed “industry sources,” the website says Apple’s new hardware will use a curved OLED display – shades of Samsung’s Gear Fit – to help users track health data and receive obligatory smartphone notifications.
CONCEPT

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!

Last edited by TattooedMac; 06-09-2014 at 10:50 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really nice
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

Would I buy? Nah not really. Just nothing I am interested in. Now if they can develop some oakly style sunglasses with built in display so I can interact via my iPod say with FaceTime or Skype.. heck yea.

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodist View Post
Would I buy? Nah not really. Just nothing I am interested in. Now if they can develop some oakly style sunglasses with built in display so I can interact via my iPod say with FaceTime or Skype.. heck yea.
Give ém time. In the Keynote, Tim said that Swift, the new Programming language Apple is bringing out, was 4yrs in the pipeline, and no-one outside of the Swift team would of known about it, because there was no evidence in ANY writings, or code Apple has put out in the last 4 yrs. Heck, we even know when I new iMac is coming out, because there is some reference to it in Updates that Apple pushes out to us, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is something they have as a idea, they are working on.
But think, Google Glass, how much it is, and how much Testing they are still doing, to be able to bring it out, at a reasonable price, so people adopt it . . .

Time will tell.

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
rayniac

rayniac is on a distinguished road

it's true that the announcement of the HealthKit was one more indicator that Apple might be about to release some kind of wearable fitness gear. I was thinking, does it have to be a wristband though?
Nike already has some experience in the field with the fuelband, so that could be a succesful cooperation.

As you said, time will tell.
QUOTE Thanks
rayniac

rayniac is on a distinguished road

I'm a nikeFuelband user already, so I really love it, but it'll propably be too damn expensiv..
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

I've already seen Android Wear, and I rather like it, I'm very curious as to what Apple is planning for wearable tech.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.5
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB4
QUOTE Thanks
GrannySueSnaps

GrannySueSnaps is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina

i already use my iPhone with an iHealth blood pressure cup and an oximeter for checking O2. It provides result in a chart or list document. It is very handy for sending results to the doctor. Additionally I have a USB wristband that has all my health information. I can see this being a useful tool for those of us that either like to keep their medical information easily accessible or it is a medical necessity to do so.

GrannySueSnaps
Sue Stinnett
http://grannysuesnaps.photos
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Other than specific use cases (such as medical ones for example), I don't get this trend towards wearables. While I think Google's implementation is the best thus far, that's like saying that a punch to the shoulder is way better than being punched in the face; all the options are useless, awkward and meet some market demand that doesn't exist. Is it really that necessary to save 3 seconds to look at a truncated notification that will likely just point you to your mobile device?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
GrannySueSnaps

GrannySueSnaps is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Other than specific use cases (such as medical ones for example), I don't get this trend towards wearables. While I think Google's implementation is the best thus far, that's like saying that a punch to the shoulder is way better than being punched in the face; all the options are useless, awkward and meet some market demand that doesn't exist. Is it really that necessary to save 3 seconds to look at a truncated notification that will likely just point you to your mobile device?
There is another completely different aspect to this scenario. Many people will spend big bucks just because it is something "Apple", new and different. I admit I have done this myself a few times. Only the consumers can determine if it is something viable and worth the expense.

GrannySueSnaps
Sue Stinnett
http://grannysuesnaps.photos
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

There has been some great wearables popping up on Kickstarter lately, and not acknowledging the Pebble, these things are full wrap arounds and are doing quite well, considering not many know of KS.

Wearables are the "next big thing" and if anyone can do it right, I'm sure Apple will have a red hot go at getting it right. I would be wary of the .v 1 of it, but with the kinks gone .v2 could be something to look at.

QUOTE Thanks
pastrynax23

pastrynax23 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac intel core duo "17 early 2006 with snow leopard

i'm a fan of the technology applied at the daily lifestyle, but i'm skeptical of the v1 of wearables. i don't think of the first smartwatch both accurate for used to medical sector.
anyway i read today the last rumor for the date of bringing out the iwatch is september .
Source; Re/code
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Nah Brent not for me.

Might remind me how old and ill I am!!!

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
pastrynax23

more people don't want to know if they are ill, but personally i think it's a very good think that the technology helpful in this case.
however i think that for this application this wereable or any type of technology he should extremely dependable.
QUOTE Thanks
pastrynax23

what i mean, i say a refer on a new generation of wearable.
excuse for my english, but i'm study from not more time this language
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sign up for our Brief and be entered to win a $25 iTunes gift card! | Confessions of a Recovering Gear-aholic »