New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

ITMS will launch full length movie dnloads...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

farmcock

farmcock has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This, along with a 31/2" full screen iPod would make sense to me as to what the rumored "new products" will be next week.

Apple has apparently already reached a deal for full length movie downloads from the iTunes store. Then, you need something to watch them on - the full screen iPod or the 'Mac Mini' (college students or whomever comprises the target market of the 'Mac Mini')

This would also lend credence to a new "Mac Mini" having a revamped 'Front Row' interface. I say revamped since I'm thinking of how the movie would be accessed by 'Front Row' from it's menu. I don't remember if there is a seperate menu selection for 'TV' currently(if so, i don't think it is within the 'Music" icon) or if it is included in the category 'Playlist'. Since there is no actual DVD to insert, I guess the Movie icon would be in control of accessing these files from iTunes library.
QUOTE Thanks
andrewmiller25

andrewmiller25 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz iMac Core 2 Duo, 1.5Ghz Powerbook G4

I think full length movies on iTMS is a bad idea as it would take an age to download (even with Broadband)
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Movies in FrontRow access any TV episodes bought on the iTMS and put it in the TV category.

I'd like to see Apple move away from iTunes and make it a media jukebox for once. Music and Video are coming together, I'm sick of having the two seperated. And support codecs, I hate flogging my iMac G5 just to encode all my movies again!

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
menziep

menziep is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmiller25
I think full length movies on iTMS is a bad idea as it would take an age to download (even with Broadband)
maybe they will have a stream option
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menziep
maybe they will have a stream option
how would you stream it to an ipod, and why would somebody pay for a stream when they can not watch it over and over again.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

they should build quicktime into itunes.

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDIT-XTREEM
they should build quicktime into itunes.
Yes they should, or in other words replace itunes and quicktime with a new piece of software (iMedia?) that controls all your digital media that you listen to or watch...

Or, they should expand quicktime to be like itunes, just a video manager instead of a player. So we have iTunes and iClips or so. Two software pieces, similar look and feel, just like iphoto resembles itunes.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iBook with intel | Fox News 'Stocks testing new highs' has.... »