New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

WWDC 2014 Announced for June 2-6

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Apple has announced the dates for WWDC 2014..

What are people looking forward to?

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I don't expect to see it at WWDC, but I would love for them to release an iPhone 6 family. One with the standard 4" screen, an iPhone 6+ with a ~5" screen and a 6C in cost-reduced form.

Additionally, I'd like to see BASE capacity at 32GB, with 64GB and 128GB options in increments of $50.

Given that we're now recording in HD, shooting pics in 8MP and installing more apps than ever, 32GB needs to be the standard. We're talking about $5 worth of flash memory, wholesale (TOPS). And doubling capacity in the age of cheap SSDs should not happen in $100 increments. That's just pure greed.

That is, unless, Apple just wants to cede more ground to Samsung. Something clearly needs to change. I don't want to go back to Android, but I have to say that with my eyes starting to degrade, those larger screens are looking more and more appealing.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

I'd be curious to see which direction the iPhones start going in and I'm totally with you on the larger size. I've always had 16GB of storage on my iPhones, but that's beginning to become a limitation with all the stuff I can do with my iPhone 5S..

I'm still a little torn about a larger screen size though. I think the size right now works for me..but I suppose like anything, I could adapt to a larger size if that's what happens..as long as we don't reach the ridiculous Samsung Note-type sizes..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
I'm still a little torn about a larger screen size though. I think the size right now works for me..but I suppose like anything, I could adapt to a larger size if that's what happens..as long as we don't reach the ridiculous Samsung Note-type sizes..
I agree that the Galaxy Note is bordering on the ludicrous end of things. But I think something in the range of maybe 4.8" (similar to the S3) would work well.

One thing is for sure, the Apple of 2014 can't afford to be the Apple of 2012. This is the biggest technology company in the world. There is no reason why they shouldn't have a range of phones that is updated frequently to keep up with trends (or setting them). If they want the iPhone to remain relevant, they need to be doing more frequent and significant product releases.

Perhaps if they spent their time working on products and a little less on legal entanglements, they could do that.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
But I think something in the range of maybe 4.8" (similar to the S3) would work well.
And once you go to that size, you can't go back. I've played with pre iPhone 5 iPhones (friends still holding on to their iP4(s) for contract reasons) and they feel so very very small. Even the 5(s) seems small given that it's so narrow.

I don't expect there to be anything huge at WWDC but I'd love for their development process to become a little easier for those of us who don't use native iOS development tools. I've run into issues with non-standard tools that don't pass validation so it would be nice to see Apple embrace these tools.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Moss

Moss is a jewel in the roughMoss is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM

I've stepped away for the Nexus 5, and while I'm enjoying the experience overall, I will not hesitate to sell it off to spring for a bigger iPhone. In their current versions, however, the screen size is just too small for my liking. Time shall tell.

Facebook|Twitter
If someone is being helpful, use the reputation system on your left!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
What are people looking forward to?
Winning the Raffle for a ticket I got the OK from the missus so here is Fingers crossed

I want to go for the experience, but just like Chris, I don't expect to see it in this WWDC . . . For me EXPANDABLE storage, because Sandisk has just bought out a 128GB mircroSD card. Think of the possibilities, with the size of App now.
Heck I even got a 64GB iPad Mini Retina and I'm struggling now. I get "Cant update as you don't have enough available space on the Disk"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Given that we're now recording in HD, shooting pics in 8MP and installing more apps than ever, 32GB needs to be the standard.
And now we have UltraKam that shoots video in 4K where a 1minute video takes up 3GB of space, so a 20 minute short film will knock your 64GB iPhone5 on the head.

Expandable Storage please . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
I don't expect there to be anything huge at WWDC but I'd love for their development process to become a little easier for those of us who don't use native iOS development tools. I've run into issues with non-standard tools that don't pass validation so it would be nice to see Apple embrace these tools.
This is happening as we speak. Im heading out the door for a weekend away, but I read a article a day or so ago, about Apps, that are writing in another Language, where you can export it, and it does what it needs to do, to pass Apples Validation.
Ill see if I can find it in 3 days time

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!

Last edited by TattooedMac; 04-03-2014 at 10:28 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

As long as the new phone is not to wide I will upgrade.
I hope they reduce the cost of storage as I see 32GB not enough and 64 to expensive.
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

The iPhone looks so narrow to me. My Galaxy S3 is much more comfortable to use, especially for my old eyes.

Also, I agree on the question of storage space. I have an iPad Mini with 16GB and a Nexus7 with 64GB. I still prefer the iPad for most things, but all video and most photos need to be on the Nexus7 as the iPad doesn't have enough space.

Even worse of course is that the Nexus was half the price of the iPad - even with the huge difference in storage space.
QUOTE Thanks
nabsim

nabsim is on a distinguished road

Personally its the smallness of the iPhones I like. I don't want an S3/4/5 size brick stuck to the size of my head.

If I need a bigger screen I use my iPad or MacBook
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

Live Stream to Mac and iOS.

I know on the Mac you'll need Safari to watch the live stream - is it the same on iOS? It's been awhile since I've last used the Live Stream feature.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 7.1.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 7.1.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.4
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB1
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

The updated WWDC page indicates Safari across all platforms. I'd be curious to see how they'd restrict other browsers from streaming, that seems a little silly IMO..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
The updated WWDC page indicates Safari across all platforms. I'd be curious to see how they'd restrict other browsers from streaming, that seems a little silly IMO..
Technically speaking, it's probably impossible. I bet if you changed your user agent string, you'd be fine.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Google buys Word Lens - Available Free Download | Say goodbye to 15in Non-retina MBP »