New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

New Blog: Confessions of a Recovering Gear-aholic

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MF Blog Bot

MF Blog Bot is on a distinguished road

Confessions of a Recovering Gear-aholic

Hi everybody, Iím Mike and I like to buy stuff . . . lots of stuff.* *I have all the latest and greatest cameras, computers, iPads, iPods, iPhones, routers, receivers, amps, speakers, TVs, and every other conceivable gadget and gizmo. If itís new and techie, I either already have it, or am planning on buying it. DISCLAIMER: The above statement is not totally true. I donít really have all of that stuff, but only because of limited funds, and a wife that isnít nearly as enamored with gadgets as I …Read More →

The post Confessions of a Recovering Gear-aholic appeared first on Mac-Forums Blog.

Read more at the Mac-Forums Blog

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Hello, My name is Brent, and I have a problem

I too am a Gear-Aholic. I have been clean for 2 hours now, but i keep on scouring the internet for THAT deal . . .

Great Blog Post Mike, and like Charlie, it was like looking into a mirror. I didn't leave the house except for one present coming up to xmas. I did ALL my shopping online, then i waited until the Boxing Day sales and i went mad-ish . . . . Well lets put it this way, in the last 14 months, its been, 2 MBP's, 1 MBA, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone4s, iPhone5, Alpine Head Unit for my 4WD, Nikon D7000, Nikon D7100, 4 Lens, 4 Filters, 1 Bluetooth GPS unit from Bad Elf for Mud Maps on my iPad Mini, and all the gadgets and accessories I could buy. Even a Nikon Branded iPad Bean Bag lol
It needs to stop, but my philosophy is, I could be hit by a bus tomorrow. I do have $ in High interest bearing account, and I'm living and enjoying life.
But i have been keeping my Fiancee happy too, so she doesn't mind the purchases, but i do need to stop. I caught myself looking at a Drobo 5N 5 Bay or whatever it was, and trying to convince myself i NEEDED it, (now i take a lot of Photos). 5 Backups, thats what i need lol . . .

Anyways thanks for the laugh and reality check Mike

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Blog: These Permissions Are Not The Repairs Youíre Looking For - A Critical Look | Mac Pro CPU Upgradeability Confirmed With Processor Swap »