Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Rumors and Reports (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-rumors-reports/)
-   -   The Retina iPad Mini is now available on the Apple Store !! (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-rumors-reports/305585-retina-ipad-mini-now-available-apple-store.html)

TattooedMac 11-12-2013 07:15 PM

The Retina iPad Mini is now available on the Apple Store !!

It is now available.

More costly iPad Mini is now available | The Australian

I ordered mine, a Silver 64GB and 5-10 working days.

Wooohoooooo

RavingMac 11-12-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TattooedMac (Post 1550086)
It is now available.

More costly iPad Mini is now available | The Australian

I ordered mine, a Silver 64GB and 5-10 working days.

Wooohoooooo

Early Christmas presents ordered for me and the wife. Should get them in about a week. :)

TattooedMac 11-12-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavingMac (Post 1550092)
Early Christmas presents ordered for me and the wife. Should get them in about a week. :)

I missed the boat. It was a night not on the computer, and i didn't check Twitter, so if i had of, i reckon i could go got one in 24hrs but hey, its still on its way.

Yea i got engraving (with the iPhone5s 5-10 days went down to 1-3 if you added engraving) but was a generic "The presents of all presents" but still gave me 5-10 day lol DOH !!!!

Congrats i can't wait to see how fast this is.

chscag 11-12-2013 08:08 PM

I like it Brent, but my dinosaur eyes don't. Full size for me! ;)

vansmith 11-12-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TattooedMac (Post 1550086)

I'm guessing that the author of that article is not a fan of the new (outrageous) pricing. ;)

chscag 11-12-2013 10:04 PM

Can you blame him? Nothing like raising the price $70 and then stating that it looks like there will be a shortage.... I guess you could say Apple is making up for the drop in their stock prices. :P

alicepattinson 11-12-2013 10:55 PM

It's really frustrating to pick between mini retina or ipad air. OMG! hahaha :D grrrrrr

TattooedMac 11-13-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chscag (Post 1550101)
I like it Brent, but my dinosaur eyes don't. Full size for me! ;)

I had a mate test the Retina against the 1st Gen and he said that reading popped so on that advice, I'm waiting on a tracking number :-/

bobtomay 11-13-2013 06:45 AM

Well, I just picked up the Asus Nexus 7 2013 model, 32 GB last Saturday.
Movies look great and the speakers at each end for stereo are pretty nice.
Text of books is nice and crisp.
Just couldn't bring myself to pay the diff in price between the mini and the 7.

vansmith 11-13-2013 08:59 AM

The Mini is $419, the N7 is $229. I suspect that many people, assuming they don't have anything against Android, will make the same decision you do.

bobtomay 11-13-2013 09:04 AM

And another $60 difference as the Nexus upcharges $40 to upgrade to 32 GB vs $100 in the mini - this is where the big rape starts coming into play.
The 32 GB I bought was $269 vs $499.

And since I have to (so as not to raise the wife's eyebrows) buy these kind of toys from the savings of my $60/week allowance...

MYmacROX 11-13-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicepattinson (Post 1550129)
It's really frustrating to pick between mini retina or ipad air. OMG! hahaha :D grrrrrr

FWIW, iFixit's teardown of the mini confirmed it has the same A7 chip as the iPhone 5s. The Air has a better version.

On a personal note, I've had the iPad Air since release day and I'm loving it. The wife and I are like kids waiting for our turn to play with it. It's so awesome to hold and use, especially coming from the 1st gen iPad. World of difference!

infocusinc 11-13-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYmacROX (Post 1550223)
FWIW, iFixit's teardown of the mini confirmed it has the same A7 chip as the iPhone 5s. The Air has a better version.

On a personal note, I've had the iPad Air since release day and I'm loving it. The wife and I are like kids waiting for our turn to play with it. It's so awesome to hold and use, especially coming from the 1st gen iPad. World of difference!

My wife got the Air and I just picked up a mini retina tonight. I use my original mini as a camera controller for my photography business and the Retina is the "backup". Man is the text crisp on that thing. I also have an ipad 3 but I really prefer the size of the mini.

I'm fully assimilated. Entire eco system is Apple now and I don't see going backwards to andriod/windows

TattooedMac 11-14-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infocusinc (Post 1550326)
My wife got the Air and I just picked up a mini retina tonight. I use my original mini as a camera controller for my photography business and the Retina is the "backup".

Cool, can you go back to http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ima...ml#post1550549 and let me know how you use it ??
I have the Eye-Fi card, but ill do a little tell all over in my thread and not in here :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by infocusinc (Post 1550326)
Man is the text crisp on that thing. I also have an ipad 3 but I really prefer the size of the mini.

And BOOM !!!!! This is what i needed to hear, to tell myself i made the right choice. I was considering the iPad Air, because of screen size and the easier reading, but i had a mate check out the difference between the 2 iPad Mini's and he said the words "popped" off the page, and now you confirm this.
I considered the Air, because of the screen real-estate, BUT i love the size of the Mini, and i can hold it in my hand for a long period of time without it getting tired/sore/cramped-up.

Im still waiting for a Tracking # Sucks living 300kms from Perth, and even then, i reckon i would of got there and then told to ring up and Book one, like i did for the iPhone5 . . . Anyways. I waited longer.

RavingMac 11-15-2013 06:55 AM

Just scored two yesterday and cancelled my online order. Checked tracker and saw our local
Apple Store had them in stock, and yes, the text is way more readable than on the original mini. These are sweet.