New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple Is Now The World’s Most Valuable Brand, Surpassing Coca-Cola !!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Apple Is Now The World
Quote:
Every so often, a company changes our lives, not just with its products, but with its ethos. This is why, following Coca-Cola’s 13-year run at the top of Best Global Brands, Interbrand has a new No. 1 — Apple
Read More ~ Apple bumps Coca-Cola to become world's top brand | Apple - CNET News

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Yeah Brent, Coke has been taking some big hits lately. They're being accused of making our kids here in the US overweight from all the calories and caffein it contains. Diet Coke anyone? (Apples are less fattening)
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Yeah Brent, Coke has been taking some big hits lately. They're being accused of making our kids here in the US overweight from all the calories and caffein it contains. Diet Coke anyone? (Apples are less fattening)
Same Down Under, BUT if you look at the graph and all, its not as if they are loosing ground, they are staying put and Apple/Google are making inroads.

Can you upsize that for me

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
arthur30

arthur30 is on a distinguished road

I don't think coke is as innovative as Apple, Apple has been coming up with something really amaizng to its name something innovative and what we have been getting from Coca Cola is the same old black colored drink since the last few decades.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Funnily enough, diet sodas are actually linked to weight gain. In fact, I've read articles suggesting they are worse than regular sodas.
Study: Diet soda doesn't help you lose weight

True story here... I quit drinking sodas and I dropped 60 pounds over the following year, and went from being pre-diabetic to normal. It's not just the sugar in these drinks, but the kind of sugar. High fructose corn syrup is simply one of the worst things in our food supply, not just sodas, but sodas have an awful lot of it.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu). Also advise us if you have any antivirus or "cleaning" software installed on your Mac. If you are using MacKeeper, you are hereby advised to uninstall it.
------
Links to commonly recommended software and instructions: Onyx | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | How to reveal the User Library
------
Having issues with Safari? Adware is on the rise. See this guide on how to remove it: The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
High fructose corn syrup is simply one of the worst things in our food supply, not just sodas, but sodas have an awful lot of it.
I know this is off topic, but I just had to add an "AMEN!" The most weight I ever saw my dad drop was 40 lbs in a few months simply by cutting out soda altogether. Pure poison.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
True story here... I quit drinking sodas and I dropped 60 pounds over the following year, and went from being pre-diabetic to normal.
That's great news. Diabetes is a destructive disease which can subtract years from one's life plus all the side effect problems it causes for the human body.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
That's great news. Diabetes is a destructive disease which can subtract years from one's life plus all the side effect problems it causes for the human body.
No kidding. I work in healthcare and I see it all the time. My situation is more interesting (man am I about to go off on a tangent here). I'd been drinking sodas pretty regularly since 16 or so, though at times I've tried to quit. But I just couldn't shake the craving. Several years ago, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, though I really only took it seriously about 4 years ago when I found out how badly I had it (one of the most severe cases they've ever seen... I would have been dead in months at that point if I didn't get it under control) (as a side note, you may have noticed that I'm not as irritable here as I was when I first joined the forums). Now... one of the hallmarks of sleep apnea is a craving for carbs. I thought that was nonsense... "I just need to try harder", I told myself. About 3 months after I finally got the sleep apnea under control, I was drinking a soda when I looked at it, realized I didn't want it anymore, and put it away. That was almost 4 years ago and I have only had half of a single can since. I can't tolerate the stuff anymore.

I've come to the conclusion that sodas are one of the biggest health hazards in this country today. I basically see that industry being where the cigarette industry was in the 50's or 60's. Denying denying denying how bad their product is for health, but secretly knowing that yeah, it is bad, but profits matter more. I think the country is slowly waking up to this.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu). Also advise us if you have any antivirus or "cleaning" software installed on your Mac. If you are using MacKeeper, you are hereby advised to uninstall it.
------
Links to commonly recommended software and instructions: Onyx | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | How to reveal the User Library
------
Having issues with Safari? Adware is on the rise. See this guide on how to remove it: The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur30 View Post
I don't think coke is as innovative as Apple, Apple has been coming up with something really amaizng to its name something innovative and what we have been getting from Coca Cola is the same old black colored drink since the last few decades.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Last thing I want is for coke to start making their drink neon purple.

Not surprising how Apple has overtaken them though, they've been making plenty of headway with their new releases, and it shows.

-Evan
QUOTE Thanks
MasterShake

MasterShake is on a distinguished road

I am slowly starting to do only one soda a weekend if not 2 weeks. Ill see how long it lasts. Hopefully soon I can stop drinking the stuff all together. I used to be a huge soda drinker back in grade school. Now I am starting to get over the stuff. I just drink more water instead.

Iphone 4 CDMA 32gb 7.0, Mac mini late 2012.
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
I am slowly starting to do only one soda a weekend if not 2 weeks. Ill see how long it lasts. Hopefully soon I can stop drinking the stuff all together. I used to be a huge soda drinker back in grade school. Now I am starting to get over the stuff. I just drink more water instead.
I drank 2 liters today..

On a positive note. I love my Mac! /thumbsup

I consider Apple to be the last real computer company. I never really liked windows and spent half my life using Linux and DOS before that. But IMHO Win8 LOL killed PC makers. I cant see how anyone would like Windows 8. Its the most un usable crap of mess I have never seen. I would revert back to using my Tandy1000 HX before going to Windows 8.

I hope Apple never goes down the Win8 user interface road with OSX.

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

I always find it funny whenever the luxury toy company that is Apple, breaks through some new financial milestone. I love Apple and all, but it just seems weird somehow. My money is still on Aramco being truly more valuable in an absolute and enduring sense.

"Interbrand bases its assessment on a combination of the company's financial performance, its role influencing consumer choices, and how well the brand lets a company charge premium prices and deliver profits."

Describes an oil company pretty well in my opinion.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
Quietone

Quietone is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, OSX 10.8.5, 2.5 GHz Intel core i5 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

My Mac is the best computer I ever had. I liked windows but hated the patches and other inconveniences. I got what I paid for with the pc. Apple has lots of great products, though they are expensive. At least it's quality.

As for the health discussion, I agree about soda, it's poison, and yes, diet soda is worse. I'm glad Coke isn't doing as well. If Apple lowered their prices some, and kept the quality, they'd be so far ahead of Coke and everyone else.

I've heard and read lots of negative reviews about win8, too. The problem with so many companies is, they have some good ideas but don't go far enough, some go too far, and most are so proprietary, nothing works with it. They're so filthy rich, yet they outsource and put out cheap quality products. At least Apple has quality. I love my MBP and hope to get more stuff from Apple when I can.

I Love My Mac! I finally got an iPad Air.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietone View Post
and most are so proprietary
I think Apple wins that race - proprietary connectors and technologies are their bread and butter.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
RONE

RONE has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
I know this is off topic, but I just had to add an "AMEN!" The most weight I ever saw my dad drop was 40 lbs in a few months simply by cutting out soda altogether. Pure poison.
I went from a fairly fit (I'm always referred to as thin) 6'2", 180# to 170# in 6 weeks at the end of last year just by stopping drinking my daily afternoon can of coke. I did it purely to see how my body responded to the withdrawal of caffeine (never had an issue falling asleep, but now I fall asleep earlier than I want to).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Four Mac OS X upgrades in three years... too much? | Learning the Command Line - File System »