New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple Is Now The World’s Most Valuable Brand, Surpassing Coca-Cola !!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Quietone

Quietone is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, OSX 10.8.5, 2.5 GHz Intel core i5 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
I think Apple wins that race - proprietary connectors and technologies are their bread and butter.
I see your point, though it would be nice if a few things were compatible, ex: a non-Apple cell phone can't get ringtones from a Mac machine. I do hope Apple will always make quality products and stay on top.

I Love My Mac! I finally got an iPad Air.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietone View Post
I see your point, though it would be nice if a few things were compatible, ex: a non-Apple cell phone can't get ringtones from a Mac machine.
How so? Either you send over the ringtone in a friendly format or, if you're using DRM'd ringtones, find another (DRM isn't the fault of the phone and, to be fair, not really Apple's either).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Quietone

Quote:
How so? Either you send over the ringtone in a friendly format or, if you're using DRM'd ringtones, find another (DRM isn't the fault of the phone and, to be fair, not really Apple's either).
You may be right. All I know is, when I called the place I got my phone, they said it wouldn't work with my Mac. I know DRM isn't the fault of the phone or Apple; in fact, I didn't consider the DRM issue. Oops! Thanks for the info.

QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
You may be right. All I know is, when I called the place I got my phone, they said it wouldn't work with my Mac. I know DRM isn't the fault of the phone or Apple; in fact, I didn't consider the DRM issue. Oops! Thanks for the info.
Chances are, the people you talked to are clueless idiots who've never used a Mac. You'd be better off asking us.
QUOTE Thanks
Quietone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
Chances are, the people you talked to are clueless idiots who've never used a Mac. You'd be better off asking us.
Yes, I agree. I will know better next time. Now I need to find the appropriate thread to ask about this.

QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You may be right. All I know is, when I called the place I got my phone, they said it wouldn't work with my Mac.
It certainly will. Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry all support the Mac in some way. What phone do you have?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
Few better words have ever been spoken..

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
Quietone

Quote:
It certainly will. Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry all support the Mac in some way. What phone do you have?
My phone is an AT&T model. I guess I'll have to get a different phone, but I can't, my phone comes with a special plan for people who don't use it much. They sure have it all rigged up, like everywhere else. I don't use the phone that much, so it's no big deal, just would've been fun. Lucky I got a ringtone I really liked, when I still had a pc that got online.

Most workers at any company seem to only know what they're told. Even at Apple, I'm sure. Occasionally, someone somewhere will share extra info, but they have to be careful- remember, these calls are monitored or recorded. I'm sure they're as much to control the workers. It wouldn't make much sense for a windows person to know how Apple works, now that I think of it.

QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Quote:
My phone is an AT&T model.
That's the carrier, not the make and model.

Is it a Samsung, LG, Sony, Blackberry, etc?

Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Quietone

Quote:
That's the carrier, not the make and model.

Is it a Samsung, LG, Sony, Blackberry, etc?
I know, but that's what it says on the phone itself.

QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Surely it must have a make on it at least - I don't think I've ever seen a product without some sort of branding (this could be a first). Is this a smartphone?

Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Quietone

Quote:
Surely it must have a make on it at least - I don't think I've ever seen a product without some sort of branding (this could be a first). Is this a smartphone?
I don't know. It does seem to have some smart features, like the option to use a specific ringtone for a contact.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Four Mac OS X upgrades in three years... too much? | Learning the Command Line - File System »