Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    I know what jailbreaks are. And it took, what, nearly a year to find a combination of vulnerabilities to crack iOS 6?
    It took 0 days to exploit a vulnerability in iOS 6.

Does it matter though? I'm making an argument about their very existence, nothing more. I'm not trying to suggest that the software is of a bad quality (I even implied this above). In fact, I think iOS is of good quality from a security standpoint. That said, I'm not going to hide my head in the sand and think it's somehow immune to the inherent truth of software development - if it can be made, it can be (and likely will be) exploited.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    It took 0 days to exploit a vulnerability in iOS 6.

Does it matter though? I'm making an argument about their very existence, nothing more. I'm not trying to suggest that the software is of a bad quality (I even implied this above). In fact, I think iOS is of good quality from a security standpoint. That said, I'm not going to hide my head in the sand and think it's somehow immune to the inherent truth of software development - if it can be made, it can be (and likely will be) exploited.
    But nobody has claimed it cant be. Just that with the mentioned security features its very hard to exploit it.

Specs:
    2015 rMBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 6, iPad mini, 13" MBP, AppleTV and two MacMinis
    Quote Originally Posted by danny842003 View Post
    But nobody has claimed it cant be. Just that with the mentioned security features its very hard to exploit it.
    I wouldn't even say "very hard," just harder than not having it. Remember, I don't need to outrun the bear that's chasing us, I just have to be faster than you. Same in security. Nothing's perfect, it just needs to be somewhat better.

The method that was used to hack the fingerprint id recognition is impractical because to get the thumb or finger impression of any person you will have to cut is finger or may be ask him to give you the impression which is much like stealing and has nothing to do with hacking or code hacking in person.

Thread Information