Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Rumors and Reports (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-rumors-reports/)
-   -   Apple Confirms September 10th iPhone Event (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-rumors-reports/302879-apple-confirms-september-10th-iphone-event.html)

MYmacROX 09-03-2013 05:09 PM

Apple Confirms September 10th iPhone Event

Apple confirms September 10th iPhone event, and we'll be there live!

Read this earlier today, surprised no one's posted it here yet. Judging by all those colored spots, I'd say rumors of color options for the new iPhone is very likely.

vansmith 09-03-2013 05:52 PM

I think the colour scheme has more to do with iOS 7 no? I could be way off. After all, I don't have a very good track record with predictions about devices and software releases.

In spite of that track record, I imagine that iOS 7 will go gold along with a new iPhone. At this point, I think it's impossible for that guess to be wrong. If that is the case, that should be a fun day for one major reason - the jarring effect iOS 7 is going to bring about for the average iOS user. I've shown some people iOS 7 on my iPod Touch and suffice it to say, it's not going to be a nice experience for many average users. However, the shakeup is better than keeping things as stagnant as its always been (Van critiquing iOS? Say it isn't so! ;)). Short term pain for long term gain.

Raz0rEdge 09-03-2013 06:04 PM

I saw some very believable images of the iPhone 5C box in various colors, so it seems like that the colors in this invitation banner seem to elude to those phones and as appalling as it is (to me at least), looks like there will be a gold'ish colored iPhone 5S as well..

MasterShake 09-04-2013 01:56 AM

I can't wait for this event. I hope ios 7 gets released maybe next week or later this month.

MYmacROX 09-04-2013 12:52 PM

I'm looking forward to the "shake-up" of a new iOS. I am excited about everything I saw demonstrated in the keynote a few months ago.

RONE 09-05-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYmacROX (Post 1535073)
I'm looking forward to the "shake-up" of a new iOS. I am excited about everything I saw demonstrated in the keynote a few months ago.

Me as well.

slothead 09-05-2013 03:03 PM

So do the rumors include announcement of a new iPad mini too?

Raz0rEdge 09-05-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slothead (Post 1535271)
So do the rumors include announcement of a new iPad mini too?

No one knows for certain..but most of the rumors seem to be surrounding the iPhone. No idea if the iPad line will get any attention or more information about the Mac Pro or Macbook Pro refresh..just have to wait..:)

Stretch 09-05-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge (Post 1534940)
I saw some very believable images of the iPhone 5C box in various colors, so it seems like that the colors in this invitation banner seem to elude to those phones and as appalling as it is (to me at least), looks like there will be a gold'ish colored iPhone 5S as well..

Gold is such an ugly color. I'm secretly hoping the graphite color iPhone is real and that it looks good. I may be interested in that color if it looks good.

chscag 09-05-2013 06:04 PM

My wife likes the various colors. I can already see us trading in her iPhone 4 for either a bright red or gold model. (Sorry Stretch.)

Raz0rEdge 09-05-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stretch (Post 1535292)
Gold is such an ugly color. I'm secretly hoping the graphite color iPhone is real and that it looks good. I may be interested in that color if it looks good.

Totally agree if it is a real Gold color..but from what I've seen and read, it isn't as much a gold color as just orange..either way it's ugly IMO and I'll be sticking with the black iPhone 5S when I upgrade from my iPhone 4..

danny842003 09-06-2013 10:35 AM

I would love a black but judging from the way peoples 5 has worn I will be sticking with white (or whatever its called) for my 4 to 5s upgrade.
Dont like the chips.

fluhartz 09-10-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny842003 (Post 1535469)
I would love a black but judging from the way peoples 5 has worn I will be sticking with white (or whatever its called) for my 4 to 5s upgrade.
Dont like the chips.

same.. I actually really like the white

southantrim3 09-10-2013 09:50 AM

Jumping ahead a bit... I wonder when the iPhone 6 will be launched as I'm not convinced I want to go for the 5S yet?

JohnCL 09-10-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southantrim3 (Post 1536147)
Jumping ahead a bit... I wonder when the iPhone 6 will be launched as I'm not convinced I want to go for the 5S yet?

Really?? Just a bit? ;)

If history teaches you anything you'll likely be waiting until September/October 2014.