New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

iOS 7 beta: Testers warned when using uncertified Lightning cables

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OneMoreThing...

OneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to behold

iOS 7 beta: Testers warned when using uncertified Lightning cables

Read more

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

I think this is a good thing, to those that keep on going cheap and buying those Chinese 3rd party crap, at least they are being warned by Apple that it isn't certified. Don't get me wrong, Belkin and so on do make good gear, i have seen write ups of people getting a Tingle when they touch their MBP, and you wonder why ??
If you can afford $1000+ for a Mac, pay $49 for a proper Lightning Cable .. . . . . .. That is all..

Oh i did get this though when connected to my girls MBA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trust me.jpg (58.4 KB, 37 views)

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
danny842003

danny842003 is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
I think this is a good thing, to those that keep on going cheap and buying those Chinese 3rd party crap, at least they are being warned by Apple that it isn't certified. Don't get me wrong, Belkin and so on do make good gear, i have seen write ups of people getting a Tingle when they touch their MBP, and you wonder why ??
If you can afford $1000+ for a Mac, pay $49 for a proper Lightning Cable .. . . . . .. That is all..

Oh i did get this though when connected to my girls MBA
I get a tingle from my MBP using a genuine apple power lead.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny842003 View Post
I get a tingle from my MBP using a genuine apple power lead.
Using a grounded connector to the brick?

Oh, and they embedded an authentication chip into the cable. This, as a consumer, really irritates me. It won't be long before they simply do not allow non-Apple branded cables to work... regardless of if they meet the engineering specification. Leaving you with drastically over priced, Chinese made (btw), cabling..

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
I think this is a good thing, to those that keep on going cheap and buying those Chinese 3rd party crap, at least they are being warned by Apple that it isn't certified.
Why should my cable have to be certified to be useful? It's just a cable to connect a device. In fact, in the consumer space, this is the only instance I can think of in which consumers need to use "certified" cables (except for maybe power adapters). I can happily use my HTC micro USB cable to charge my Nexus 4 while my generic micro USB cable happily works to charge my Nexus 10.

Chinese third party cable? Guess where that cable is likely made and who makes it.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
danny842003

danny842003 is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
Using a grounded connector to the brick?

Oh, and they embedded an authentication chip into the cable. This, as a consumer, really irritates me. It won't be long before they simply do not allow non-Apple branded cables to work... regardless of if they meet the engineering specification. Leaving you with drastically over priced, Chinese made (btw), cabling..
Well im in the UK everything is a 3 pin plug.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Does this have to do with that cable that could hack iOS? Linky

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Chinese third party cable? Guess where that cable is likely made and who makes it.
The cheap knock-offs then, and they are usually Chinese ??? No ? There are good Chinese cables that Apple have sourced BUT there are the bad too

Make your cable, get it certified by Apple, no problem, but if you can't make one good enough, good luck . . .. .

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
alicepattinson

alicepattinson is on a distinguished road

It's really scary to buy the cheap ones.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is Apple fixing there Awful iOS 7 Apps . . . . | Jony Ive Knew What He Wanted iOS To Look Like Back In 2005 »