Post iOS 7 beta: Testers warned when using uncertified Lightning cables

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    I think this is a good thing, to those that keep on going cheap and buying those Chinese 3rd party crap, at least they are being warned by Apple that it isn't certified. Don't get me wrong, Belkin and so on do make good gear, i have seen write ups of people getting a Tingle when they touch their MBP, and you wonder why ??
    If you can afford $1000+ for a Mac, pay $49 for a proper Lightning Cable .. . . . . .. That is all..

Oh i did get this though when connected to my girls MBA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    I think this is a good thing, to those that keep on going cheap and buying those Chinese 3rd party crap, at least they are being warned by Apple that it isn't certified. Don't get me wrong, Belkin and so on do make good gear, i have seen write ups of people getting a Tingle when they touch their MBP, and you wonder why ??
    If you can afford $1000+ for a Mac, pay $49 for a proper Lightning Cable .. . . . . .. That is all..

Oh i did get this though when connected to my girls MBA
    I get a tingle from my MBP using a genuine apple power lead.

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by danny842003 View Post
    I get a tingle from my MBP using a genuine apple power lead.
    Using a grounded connector to the brick?

Oh, and they embedded an authentication chip into the cable. This, as a consumer, really irritates me. It won't be long before they simply do not allow non-Apple branded cables to work... regardless of if they meet the engineering specification. Leaving you with drastically over priced, Chinese made (btw), cabling..
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    I think this is a good thing, to those that keep on going cheap and buying those Chinese 3rd party crap, at least they are being warned by Apple that it isn't certified.
    Why should my cable have to be certified to be useful? It's just a cable to connect a device. In fact, in the consumer space, this is the only instance I can think of in which consumers need to use "certified" cables (except for maybe power adapters). I can happily use my HTC micro USB cable to charge my Nexus 4 while my generic micro USB cable happily works to charge my Nexus 10.

Chinese third party cable? Guess where that cable is likely made and who makes it.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    Using a grounded connector to the brick?

Oh, and they embedded an authentication chip into the cable. This, as a consumer, really irritates me. It won't be long before they simply do not allow non-Apple branded cables to work... regardless of if they meet the engineering specification. Leaving you with drastically over priced, Chinese made (btw), cabling..
    Well im in the UK everything is a 3 pin plug.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Does this have to do with that cable that could hack iOS? Linky
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    Chinese third party cable? Guess where that cable is likely made and who makes it.
    The cheap knock-offs then, and they are usually Chinese ??? No ? There are good Chinese cables that Apple have sourced BUT there are the bad too

Make your cable, get it certified by Apple, no problem, but if you can't make one good enough, good luck . . .. .
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

It's really scary to buy the cheap ones.

Thread Information