New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

iOS 7 phases out the iPhone 3GS and the original iPad; some features will be iPhone 5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OneMoreThing...

OneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to behold

iOS 7 phases out the iPhone 3GS and the original iPad; some features will be iPhone 5 only

Read more

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
Truthfinder

Truthfinder is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBA

Thank you for your link.
I was looking for to find out if the iPad Mini bought today will run the iOS 7 when become available.
I found the answer from your link
Regards
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

To be fair the first gen iPad didn't get iOS 6 so it's no surprise it doesn't get 7

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

I'm glad my iP4 will run iOS 7...though the one thing it will never get is Siri (iPad mini, 5th gen iPod touch have it already).

Dad has iPad 2, so I suppose it'll be feature locked-out like my iPhone 4 (and my mother's iPhone 4)...

I'm not surprised that my Dad's 4th-gen iPod touch (formerly mine) won't get iOS 7...

Found this on an Apple fan site (The Apple Lounge).

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.5
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB4
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Agreed with Mister Plow. That title is wrong. IPad 1 was phased out with IOS6. I should know as I am stuck with IOS5 and many apps that will not install.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris H. View Post
I'm glad my iP4 will run iOS 7...though the one thing it will never get is Siri (iPad mini, 5th gen iPod touch have it already).

Dad has iPad 2, so I suppose it'll be feature locked-out like my iPhone 4 (and my mother's iPhone 4)...

I'm not surprised that my Dad's 4th-gen iPod touch (formerly mine) won't get iOS 7...

Found this on an Apple fan site (The Apple Lounge).
The no Airdrop feature on anything older than iPhone 5 and iPad 4th gen and above is pretty limiting. Most people I know who are using iPhones and iPad have not upgraded to the newest versions. >_>"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthfinder View Post
Thank you for your link.
I was looking for to find out if the iPad Mini bought today will run the iOS 7 when become available.
I found the answer from your link
Regards
They usually give us a 5 yr lee-way on our older Hardware to the newer iOS.

Mind you, I'm hoping that when iOS 7 comes out in about 3 months, that they release a iPad Mini Retina display and ill be first in line. Love my current iPad Mini, but would love one with a Retina :woot: :woot:

EDIT : What is it in the iPhones that isn't in the iPad/Mini that it can't take advantage of the Panorama ??

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
They usually give us a 5 yr lee-way on our older Hardware to the newer iOS.

Mind you, I'm hoping that when iOS 7 comes out in about 3 months, that they release a iPad Mini Retina display and ill be first in line. Love my current iPad Mini, but would love one with a Retina :woot: :woot:

EDIT : What is it in the iPhones that isn't in the iPad/Mini that it can't take advantage of the Panorama ??
Yes please!

And I've been pondering this ever since I got ahold of an iPad mini…on top of that, why doesn't it have HDR and why do we need two photos in HDR mode? (Aside from picking between the best of the two…)

QUOTE Thanks
RONE

RONE has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

Quote:
Yes please!

And I've been pondering this ever since I got ahold of an iPad mini…on top of that, why doesn't it have HDR and why do we need two photos in HDR mode? (Aside from picking between the best of the two…)
You can turn off the 'two photos' in settings. It is saving a regular photo and an HDR photo because HDR doesn't alway look better.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Agreed with Mister Plow. That title is wrong. IPad 1 was phased out with IOS6. I should know as I am stuck with IOS5 and many apps that will not install.
Ditto. And the incredibly cheap deal I got by getting the iPhone 4 rather than 4S recently means no access to Siri for me as well.

If anyone wants to adopt me I could stop paying for trivial things like food and rent. Then maybe I could afford top notch tech upgrades.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
To be fair the first gen iPad didn't get iOS 6 so it's no surprise it doesn't get 7
When I read the article title I thought exactly the same thing. 1st Gen. iPad didn't get iOS 6 either.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

Having seen Robin comparing iOS7 with iOS6 on AppAdvice Daily, why would anyone want iOS7? It looks dreadful.

Everything seems to have been changed just for the sake of doing so and it looks so childish and sparse.

No plans to install it on my iPad Mini until App updates force me to do so.

I assume Mavericks will do just the same to OS X?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk4 View Post
No plans to install it on my iPad Mini until App updates force me to do so.

I assume Mavericks will do just the same to OS X?
Having Beta 2 on my iPad Mini, being very much more stable than Beta 1 i can tell you it looks better and works better on the iPad Mini than the iPhone to the point i would of been happy to leave iOS 6 in my iPhone. But now i have it I'm feeling the love and Airdrop and the new features and all the new Frameworks theta Devs have to work with, there will be some exciting things coming to iOS 7 in the future.

Its not something to be missed IMHO

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Are we allowed to talk about "bugs" in the iOS 7 betas?

…I want to say something about the photo/camera filters.

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Are we allowed to talk about "bugs" in the iOS 7 betas?

…I want to say something about the photo/camera filters.
No Not really, thats the sort of info they don't want the general public knowing, BUT PM me, as I'm interested in what you have to say about them . . . Haven't tried them out myself.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple's iOS 7 Activation Lock feature to be tested by US government officials | Apple refunds $6,131 iTunes bill for 8-year-old's unauthorized in-app purchases »