Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Rumors and Reports (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-rumors-reports/)
-   -   iOS 7 phases out the iPhone 3GS and the original iPad; some features will be iPhone 5 (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-rumors-reports/299859-ios-7-phases-out-iphone-3gs-original-ipad-some-features-will-iphone-5-a.html)

OneMoreThing... 06-11-2013 12:50 AM

iOS 7 phases out the iPhone 3GS and the original iPad; some features will be iPhone 5

iOS 7 phases out the iPhone 3GS and the original iPad; some features will be iPhone 5 only

Read more

Truthfinder 06-11-2013 03:03 AM

Thank you for your link.
I was looking for to find out if the iPad Mini bought today will run the iOS 7 when become available.
I found the answer from your link
Regards

mrplow 06-11-2013 03:08 AM

To be fair the first gen iPad didn't get iOS 6 so it's no surprise it doesn't get 7

Chris H. 06-12-2013 02:30 PM

I'm glad my iP4 will run iOS 7...though the one thing it will never get is Siri (iPad mini, 5th gen iPod touch have it already).

Dad has iPad 2, so I suppose it'll be feature locked-out like my iPhone 4 (and my mother's iPhone 4)...

I'm not surprised that my Dad's 4th-gen iPod touch (formerly mine) won't get iOS 7...

Found this on an Apple fan site (The Apple Lounge).
http://cdn.theapplelounge.com/wp-con...finitivo-1.jpg

dtravis7 06-12-2013 03:53 PM

Agreed with Mister Plow. That title is wrong. IPad 1 was phased out with IOS6. I should know as I am stuck with IOS5 and many apps that will not install.

CrimsonRequiem 06-12-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris H. (Post 1520540)
I'm glad my iP4 will run iOS 7...though the one thing it will never get is Siri (iPad mini, 5th gen iPod touch have it already).

Dad has iPad 2, so I suppose it'll be feature locked-out like my iPhone 4 (and my mother's iPhone 4)...

I'm not surprised that my Dad's 4th-gen iPod touch (formerly mine) won't get iOS 7...

Found this on an Apple fan site (The Apple Lounge).
http://cdn.theapplelounge.com/wp-con...finitivo-1.jpg

The no Airdrop feature on anything older than iPhone 5 and iPad 4th gen and above is pretty limiting. Most people I know who are using iPhones and iPad have not upgraded to the newest versions. >_>"

TattooedMac 06-15-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truthfinder (Post 1520148)
Thank you for your link.
I was looking for to find out if the iPad Mini bought today will run the iOS 7 when become available.
I found the answer from your link
Regards

They usually give us a 5 yr lee-way on our older Hardware to the newer iOS.

Mind you, I'm hoping that when iOS 7 comes out in about 3 months, that they release a iPad Mini Retina display :) and ill be first in line. Love my current iPad Mini, but would love one with a Retina :woot: :woot:

EDIT : What is it in the iPhones that isn't in the iPad/Mini that it can't take advantage of the Panorama ??

Chris H. 06-17-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TattooedMac (Post 1521175)
They usually give us a 5 yr lee-way on our older Hardware to the newer iOS.

Mind you, I'm hoping that when iOS 7 comes out in about 3 months, that they release a iPad Mini Retina display :) and ill be first in line. Love my current iPad Mini, but would love one with a Retina :woot: :woot:

EDIT : What is it in the iPhones that isn't in the iPad/Mini that it can't take advantage of the Panorama ??

Yes please!

And I've been pondering this ever since I got ahold of an iPad mini…on top of that, why doesn't it have HDR and why do we need two photos in HDR mode? (Aside from picking between the best of the two…)

RONE 06-21-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris H. (Post 1521478)
Yes please!

And I've been pondering this ever since I got ahold of an iPad mini…on top of that, why doesn't it have HDR and why do we need two photos in HDR mode? (Aside from picking between the best of the two…)

You can turn off the 'two photos' in settings. It is saving a regular photo and an HDR photo because HDR doesn't alway look better.

Slydude 06-21-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtravis7 (Post 1520556)
Agreed with Mister Plow. That title is wrong. IPad 1 was phased out with IOS6. I should know as I am stuck with IOS5 and many apps that will not install.

Ditto. And the incredibly cheap deal I got by getting the iPhone 4 rather than 4S recently means no access to Siri for me as well.

If anyone wants to adopt me I could stop paying for trivial things like food and rent. Then maybe I could afford top notch tech upgrades.

pigoo3 06-21-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrplow (Post 1520149)
To be fair the first gen iPad didn't get iOS 6 so it's no surprise it doesn't get 7

When I read the article title I thought exactly the same thing. 1st Gen. iPad didn't get iOS 6 either.

- Nick

Nighthawk4 06-28-2013 02:56 PM

Having seen Robin comparing iOS7 with iOS6 on AppAdvice Daily, why would anyone want iOS7? It looks dreadful.

Everything seems to have been changed just for the sake of doing so and it looks so childish and sparse.

No plans to install it on my iPad Mini until App updates force me to do so.

I assume Mavericks will do just the same to OS X? :\

TattooedMac 06-28-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthawk4 (Post 1523372)
No plans to install it on my iPad Mini until App updates force me to do so.

I assume Mavericks will do just the same to OS X? :\

Having Beta 2 on my iPad Mini, being very much more stable than Beta 1 i can tell you it looks better and works better on the iPad Mini than the iPhone to the point i would of been happy to leave iOS 6 in my iPhone. But now i have it I'm feeling the love and Airdrop and the new features and all the new Frameworks theta Devs have to work with, there will be some exciting things coming to iOS 7 in the future.

Its not something to be missed IMHO

Chris H. 06-30-2013 12:37 AM

Are we allowed to talk about "bugs" in the iOS 7 betas?

…I want to say something about the photo/camera filters.

TattooedMac 06-30-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris H. (Post 1523598)
Are we allowed to talk about "bugs" in the iOS 7 betas?

…I want to say something about the photo/camera filters.

No Not really, thats the sort of info they don't want the general public knowing, BUT PM me, as I'm interested in what you have to say about them . . . Haven't tried them out myself.