New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple announces iOS 7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Apple announces flatter, sleeker iOS 7 | Ars Technica

I do NOT like it so far. Just have one pic but with that I am sorry, no like. I know MANY here will love it, but not me.

Sorry.
Attached Images
File Type: png 936931_10151502377238753_1841468068_n.png (141.5 KB, 101 views)
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Watching it live ATM Dennis, its a lot cleaner than the OLD iOS look, and i like it and love the new Multitasking.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I am sure multitasking is great, but the look to me looks drab, dead. Like I said many especially Android people will love it.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I am liking the features and the fact that it will work on my iPhone 4. Not sure I like the inter ace. I like the idea of an app looking like the thing it represents (notes looks like a notepad etc).

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
OneMoreThing...

OneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to behold

Apple announces iOS 7

Read more

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I'm not going to pass judgement on it just yet. At least not until I can actually get to play with it. So far it looks very streamlined and the color palette is brighter. They got rid of the felt and wood stuff in game center. Thank god.

Not sure about the transparency overlays. >_>"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

I am now itching to have this on my devices.

And this is really beautiful. I wonder what folders look like in iOS 7...

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.4
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB3
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Looks stunning to me. Exactly the direction I hoped it would go but better. Can't wait to grab the beta but the dev site seems overloaded at the moment

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I will wait till I can get hands on before commenting so far I think I like what I saw.
QUOTE Thanks
quin

quin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ

Looks a bit like Window 7 with the translucent. Modern design in the overall fonts and the almost 'vector' like graphics without losing the original design of iOS 6, which people that use the devices have gotten used to. Like they said, to blend the familiarity with the new without getting people totally lost.
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin View Post
Looks a bit like Window 7 with the translucent. Modern design in the overall fonts and the almost 'vector' like graphics without losing the original design of iOS 6, which people that use the devices have gotten used to. Like they said, to blend the familiarity with the new without getting people totally lost.
I'm staring at Win7 right now...when you have a pinned program open, or even the SM open...still a glossy look.

With that being said, the new look of iOS reminds me of a cross between Metro and Google Chrome OS (the latest version). It looks better than the best of the two though IMO.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.4
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB3
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris H. View Post
I'm staring at Win7 right now...when you have a pinned program open, or even the SM open...still a glossy look.

With that being said, the new look of iOS reminds me of a cross between Metro and Google Chrome OS (the latest version). It looks better than the best of the two though IMO.
Watch the Android fan boys say that Google should sue Apple for ripping off their UI. >_>"

Anyways finally got home and started updating my iPhone.

Anyone else get to play with it yet? XD
Attached Images
File Type: png Attachment-1.png (640.9 KB, 85 views)

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Watch the Android fan boys say that Google should sue Apple for ripping off their UI. >_>"

Anyways finally got home and started updating my iPhone.

I'm no fanboy on either side, but if you want people to be honest.. that's what you're going to hear. Remember Web OS that got bought out by stupid HP and went belly up? Yeah, back in 2009, they created web cards.. guess what that looks exactly like in iOS 7?

iOS 7 does look beautiful though *IMO and aside from folders/icons* from every other aspect. And to their credit, for a derivative OS, it's very slick and intuitive.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
I'm no fanboy on either side, but if you want people to be honest.. that's what you're going to hear. Remember Web OS that got bought out by stupid HP and went belly up? Yeah, back in 2009, they created web cards.. guess what that looks exactly like in iOS 7?

Every single feature in iOS 7, I've had forever with my Android phone. The least they could have done is to integrate widgets on the home screens. At least then we could start getting away from icons/folders. Kind of over those.

iOS 7 does look beautiful though *IMO and aside from dull folders/icons* from every other aspect. And to their credit, for a derivative OS, it's very slick and intuitive.

Doug
I don't have an Android device to compare it to but looking from afar they definitely look a lot more similar now. Linky.

I'm a lot more happy with Notification center now. It's not some dinky little drop down menu with tiny text anymore. I wish it was a little more customizable. >_<"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Yes Me
I Love finally control centre to have all the most used Settings in the up swipe Toggle
Photos has the WOW factor for me. Today, Weeks Years Places and can sorted into any of them, very slick and polished.
Ill play more before i write more.

One thing @ CR WHERE THE HECK IS ***SpotLight*** ???? and i learnt how to close Apps for good took a little playing that one. No more holding your finger down Just a swipe UP hahaha

EDIT : One thing I'm not liking is the Colour of the folders and their Label. I have now had to put a dark background on my phone to see the Label and tone down the Folders Ill be sending in a report on that one

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple's Siri dumps Google in favour of Microsoft's Bing in iOS 7 | Apple finally clamping down on those hackers that cheat in GameCentre . . . »