Post Rumor has $330, 4.5-inch plastic iPhone in 2014

Specs:
    '11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,
    Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreThing... View Post

After years of plastic androids, part of the draw to the iphone 5 was the gorgeous aluminum case.

And after using the 5, I don't want a bigger screen. YMMV
    Craig Lamson - Craig Lamson Photo

www.craiglamson.com

Specs:
    MacBook Pro.
    Plastic or anything else, I don't want anything bigger. 4 inch is big enough. I'm sticking with the iPhone.

I've got a 3Gs and am thinking of up upgrading to a iPhone 5. Who knows. I sure as hell don't.

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    The HTC One, is pretty much everything that I wanted the iPhone 5 to be.

HTC One X Overview - HTC Smartphones

And before you guys dismiss it.. do a bit of research on its features. That thing is sexy as heck, and has the hardware to back it up. I only wish that Google had used it, instead of the LG they are now, for the Nexus 4.

Those lines, curves and chassis... pure xxx. Check out the Cnet camera review..
    HTC One camera features and Zoe mode walk-through (video) | Mobile World Congress - CNET Reviews

From HTC: HTC One Overview - HTC Smartphones

What really has my attention about this phone, is the camera hardware its self. They lowered the pixel ratio, but increased the sensor to a very large degree, so it allows 300% more light on to it vs most other comparative sensors. Given the fact that that it is a 4MP sensor, that also means that the processor won't have to work very hard to process images, and thus, should be blazing fast, while still producing extremely high quality images.

Remember, in the world of phone cameras that are 5-8MP's, those images need very heavy handed processing in order to produce a non-grainy image. The iPhone 5 does this very well, but I'm willing to bet that this 20mm (quite wide for a phone camera) 4MP sensor will trump it, easily... IF they don't cock it up with poor firmware. Which to be honest, wouldn't surprise me!

And really, if they did this phone right, it simply means win for everybody. It means that Apple will have to consider pushing forward even harder, and hopefully innovate instead of giving us repeat performances. I'm seriously counting on Ive's to pull us through in that respect. He IS the man, after all.

Doug

Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.4.1
    I'd be more than happy with a polycarb iPhone that was appreciably more rugged than the current model(s). One that I could abuse more would be of more value to me than one with more/new/additional features. An unlocked version for $330 would be great as well.
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
    I only wish that Google had used it, instead of the LG they are now, for the Nexus 4.
    Anything's possible for the next Nexus phone but the way HTC is getting hammered in the industry lately, I don't see Google adopting them as the manufacturer. Then again, anything is possible (and HTC could certainly meet those quality guidelines).

What really has my attention about this phone, is the camera hardware its self. They lowered the pixel ratio, but increased the sensor to a very large degree, so it allows 300% more light on to it vs most other comparative sensors. Given the fact that that it is a 4MP sensor, that also means that the processor won't have to work very hard to process images, and thus, should be blazing fast, while still producing extremely high quality images.
    Pfft, only 4MP? I'd rather have 41MP.

As for the topic at hand, this is Apple we're talking about, a company that has all but eschewed plastic in all forms. Given that the iPhone is their money maker now, the odds of this happening are zero.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    Wow 41 MP! Is that for real? Amazing if so.

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    The HTC One, is pretty much everything that I wanted the iPhone 5 to be.

HTC One X Overview - HTC Smartphones

Doug
    I'm over that HTC. It's all about this now: HTC One hands-on: design and hardware
    Looks excellent to me, and has a sweet camera. However, I'm not ready to depart my Note 2 just yet.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

For me, it's fine to have a 4.5" screen but pls can it be not plastic? lol!

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    No pictures so its not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    Pfft, only 4MP? I'd rather have 41MP.
    Nokia need to have a selling point with a phone, because they are so far behind the rest of the field and its a 41mp Camera. Not enough for me to by a Nokia in this day and age, but good luck too them.
    My iPhone5 and iPad Mini Camera is enough for me and takes some gorgeous shot, albeit with a 3rd party App . . . .
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    No pictures so its not going to happen
    If there's no picture, it doesn't exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    Nokia need to have a selling point with a phone, because they are so far behind the rest of the field and its a 41mp Camera.
    So far behind? I disagree. They still have one of the best built phones of any manufacturer, they integrate WP7/8 better (arguably) than any other developer and have stellar products. In fact, if Windows Phone had better integration with the cloud services I depend on (Dropbox, Wunderlist and Google Calendar & Contacts), I'd buy a Lumia without question. I may be an Android guy but meeting those cloud needs would push move me to WP immediately. Now, that's open to argument but I figure I'd push your point.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by iggibar View Post
    I'm over that HTC. It's all about this now: HTC One hands-on: design and hardware
    Looks excellent to me, and has a sweet camera. However, I'm not ready to depart my Note 2 just yet.
    Interestingly enough, I actually meant to post a link to the one that YOU linked. Guess my links got messed up! But yes.. it's the One I'm talking about, none of its derivatives. That thing is super duper sexy. Let's see if I can fix my link now...

As for the Nokia phone with the stupid 41MP camera.. that's pretty much all it is. Stupid.

Doug

Edit: Can't edit now, but looks like the correct link is the last link in that post. Not sure why I put in that first link.

Thread Information