New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

BlueTooth Mighty Mouse far away

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jimmyfitz

jimmyfitz is on a distinguished road

I talked to an apple employee who said that the reason that a wireless bluetooth mighty mouse is not out is because it is sensor based. Since the mighty mouse is all sensory based it eats up to much battery power to fast.. so they have no way of making it wireless at this point.. im sure they are working on it though. It will probably be a while though
QUOTE Thanks
gould86

gould86 is on a distinguished road

frick.
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

that's not good news
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

Eh, I'm not a fan of the Mighty Mouse, perfectly fine with my one button, and my PowerPC processor...

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_tough_to_die
Eh, I'm not a fan of the Mighty Mouse, perfectly fine with my one button, and my PowerPC processor...
I can live without two buttons but a scroll wheel, Apple...please...
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yeah, the side buttons on the MM suck...
I'm constantly accidently activating them during demos at work...
"*click*...er, and this is dashboard!"
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Well Apple should design a nice docking station for it and make the mighty mouse chargeable, like the Logitech MX Laser Series. The problem is only, how do you do it the apple way, meaning without cluttering the desk...
QUOTE Thanks
scooter

scooter has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid

i found the MM to me more appealing in aesthetics than in fuction. in other words, it looked pretty but didn't work that well. (at least for me) :p

i took it back after a few days and went back to my standard five button.

From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!
QUOTE Thanks
jimmyfitz

jimmyfitz is on a distinguished road

I have only used the mighty mouse for a little bit at the apple store.. and i absolutely loved it
QUOTE Thanks
munch

munch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD

The only con for me is the absolutely way too short cord. It's just not very pracitical for ibooks. Why can't it have just a few more inches?

*that's what she said!*

*rimshot*
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

The Mighty mouse's scroll ball is too tiny and mushy to me; I much prefer a regular wheel or the scrolling trackpad on my PowerBook. There are also several nice third-party Bluetooth mice with full-sized scroll wheels which I'd rather have than a Bluetooth Mighty.

I also like the current Bluetooth mouse quite a bit. Very simple and functional.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I love my logitech MX518. I may upgrade to MX1000 some time if wireless is that important to me. I have the bluetooth apple mouse but I like having all of the buttons to make things quicker

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

the should build a charger in to the left side of the iMac Intel so you can charge the future bluetooth mighty mouse...

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

There's much better mice out there for much less money. The MM is so inferior to many other offerings.
QUOTE Thanks
maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

i also used the mighty mouse at apple. liked it alot, but it takes time gettin used to. I use a logitech USB Laser mouse, not cordless but it was cheaper then an apple mouse and feels better too.. 2button and scroll works great too!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New podcast | Tablet? Gaming device? »