New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

BlueTooth Mighty Mouse far away

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Slinky

So its true the Mighty Mouse is not suitable for ibook users?
I need a mouse badly for my ibook so i can start playing with the illustrator and such.. and i was tinking if i should get the apple mighty mouse.
QUOTE Thanks
munch

munch is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky
So its true the Mighty Mouse is not suitable for ibook users?
I need a mouse badly for my ibook so i can start playing with the illustrator and such.. and i was tinking if i should get the apple mighty mouse.
I have plenty of room. But, I do with the cord was longer.
QUOTE Thanks
Harryc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfitz
Since the mighty mouse is all sensory based it eats up to much battery power to fast..
I don't see the issue. Why would they be any different power consumption wise than any number of BT wireless mice on the market already.
QUOTE Thanks
jimmyfitz

jimmyfitz is on a distinguished road

i guess the sensors require more power to operate...thus draining the batterys at too fast of a rate. thats just what i was told.. im no expert
QUOTE Thanks
thestaton

I've been using my mighty mouse for a week now and i'm in love with this little sucker. It took some getting used to but now I can fly with it!
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Power conumtpion might be a problem because of the 360 ball and the squeeze buttons, the whole mouse has a lot of special sensring technology, the mosue can be pressed which is a very delicate mechanism if you've ever looked and felt closely how the WHOLE mouse get's pressed but th MM "knows" you're pressing the ball, it can be rolled - so therei is a lot of tech in there, plus, apple's design might not have been devised for power issues at the beginning, much like their powerbooks :-) .
It just looks good, and to make it look good some loss in optimal power usage is possible.
QUOTE Thanks
iluvthsgam

did you hear this from an apple employee at a retail store ? cause if so its no more him speculating then anyone on this forum. apple does not tell their retail employee's anything. no new updates. they find out stuff when everyone else does. so take this with a grain of salt as some retail stores employee guessing. uness it came from somewhere else in apple.
QUOTE Thanks
jimmyfitz

jimmyfitz is on a distinguished road

no it was an employee.. so it could be speculation like you say i guess... but he told me as if it were fact not speculation...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New podcast | Tablet? Gaming device? »