New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

no 17" macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bluesky

Apparently there will definitely be a 12 MacBook however the 17 has been cancelled
QUOTE Thanks
homer_j

homer_j will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky
Apparently there will definitely be a 12 MacBook however the 17 has been cancelled

You cant just say that.. where you getting this info from???

Just the road and my MBP.. wohoo.. No wireless networks - DOH! Oh well, wheres my ipod! :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer_j
You cant just say that.. where you getting this info from???
He/she can saw whatever they want to say.......

...the validity, however, is left to be seen.

:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
kmarty009

kmarty009 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MAC Pro, ESX server, & 17" G4 Powerbook

I don't buy it... They may not have the 17" inch on the slate yet, but I am sure it will come. I have a 17" G4 PB and I really want the new MacPro. I will just have to wait. Where are you getting this info from?
QUOTE Thanks
bluesky

Well this is what I was told by a friend / client who is in the know. He just said they where planning both but have now dropped the 17. However it remains to be seen if its true.

A new 6gb red and black nano is on the way also
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

Well, it makes sense to me. A 17" notebook is only 1.6" larger than the 15.4" MacBook they have now. I dont think that warrants making a whole new model. I think they tried to take what was most popular with the PowerBooks, which is the 15", and release something akin to that for MacBook. The 17" is the least popular when you look at sales, for its quite a bit more.
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

I was really hoping for a 13.3" widescreen version of the MacBook Pro. I wonder what they would call it, the MacBook Mini? lol
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Probably just the MacBook, wich will replace the iBook.
In my opinion, there will be following line-up of portables:

MacBook 13.3" Core Solo
MacBook 15.4" Core Solo
MacBook Pro 12" Core Duo
MacBook Pro 15.4" Core Duo
MacBook Pro 17" Core Duo

MacBooks will not be widescreens, I reckon, only the Pros.
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

I think the iBook line could still exist in the future.
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

I really wish they would just reconsider the MacBook naming scheme. My guess, though, is this:

Consumer core solo books:

12.1", 14.1"

Pro books:

13.3", 15.4", 17".

This keeps them clearly divided. Consumer has single core, pro has dual. Pro has widescreen, consumer does not. Simple as that.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyvn
I really wish they would just reconsider the MacBook naming scheme. My guess, though, is this:

Consumer core solo books:

12.1", 14.1"

Pro books:

13.3", 15.4", 17".

This keeps them clearly divided. Consumer has single core, pro has dual. Pro has widescreen, consumer does not. Simple as that.
agreed, i like how that would go..
I would also want a 13.3 inch wide screen macbook.. something small..
as long as it has all the features of the 15 and 17, it annoys me that the 12 inch powerbook does not have everything that the 15 and 17 inc powerbook have, I have the 15 inch powerbook.. but i would like a 12 inch for just like aim and stuff on the road.. better battery power and such.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

17in is too big IMO.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I also believe that the 17" is too big and bulky. I think that two notebooks in each line would be enough.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
zap2

my mother has 17'' ands great, i would never want one because i have an nice desktop iMac and a 12'' iBook for on the go, but people who are replacing there desktop with a laptop might need the 17'' screen
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zap2
my mother has 17'' ands great, i would never want one because i have an nice desktop iMac and a 12'' iBook for on the go, but people who are replacing there desktop with a laptop might need the 17'' screen
Agreed. I know that there's the external monitor and whatnot, but had I gone for the 17", there'd be little for me to ***** about.

As for the 12" lacking features, I agree that they really should've had a little more, but a 12" body is kind of hard to fit it all into. I saw the guys at the Apple store pry open my book and it was like "Whoa, they fit all that in there?"

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Tablet? Gaming device? | New products? »