Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Mountain Lion up-to-date program is now live
    Mountain Lion up-to-date program is now live

For those who qualify, Apple's up-to-date program for OS X Mountain Lion is now live. Those who purchased a qualifying new computer or refurbished machine from June 11 through July 25 have until August 24 to file for a redemption code that can be used in the Mac App Store. Computers purchased after today have 30 days to file for a redemption code if Mountain Lion wasn't already installed on your machine.

To complete the form, you will need to know the day you purchased the machine and the serial number. Fill out the forms, the code will be emailed to you, and then you can enjoy your new copy of Mountain Lion!

Mountain Lion up-to-date program is now live originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Source*|*Permalink*|*Email this*|*Comments
    Read more

Specs:
    15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
    And Mountain Lion is now live on both my 2011 21.5-inch iMac and my 2009 13-inch MacBook Pro. No issues so far. Everything feels faster; Lightroom 4 is converting files from TIFF to JPEG in half the time (one second each) as before. Opening apps is scary fast on my MBP with the SSD. Might be time to break down and send my iMac to OWC to get an SSD installed, although the stock 500GB drive feels plenty fast now. I'd love to see how fast this computer would be with an internal SSD.

Interestingly, the install took half the time on my MBP as it did on the iMac. Goes to show what an SSD can do for disk I/O.

I'll let y'all know if I run into any problems.
    "It's got to come from the heart, if you want it to work."
    Guy Clark

Light Craftsman website

Specs:
    Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
    Has anyone else gotten their confirmation email back yet? Apple needs to click faster! I submitted mine around noon EST.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Retina 2.3ghz I7 16Gb Ram 256Gb Flash Nvidia Gt 650M
    Quote Originally Posted by iWhat View Post
    Has anyone else gotten their confirmation email back yet? Apple needs to click faster! I submitted mine around noon EST.
    Arh! I am not on my own! I too am still waiting for a confirmation email.
    Matt

Specs:
    2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
    Yep. I'm letting the Mountain Lion installer sit on my computer until I can create an install USB for it.

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    Quote Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
    Yep. I'm letting the Mountain Lion installer sit on my computer until I can create an install USB for it.
    WE are doing a forum blog post on that as soon as I can download it
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Specs:
    1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
    Just submitted my request - if you guys haven't gotten it yet - then I'm gonna stop hitting refresh on my email client

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    I submitted mine about half an hour ago. I suppose the delay will give me ample time to create a comprehensive backup since I'll likely be doing a clean install.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy269 View Post
    Arh! I am not on my own! I too am still waiting for a confirmation email.
    Matt
    Well now I don't feel as bad since we're all suffering together!

So what time do you think you filled out the form to get your redemption code?

Quote Originally Posted by louishen View Post
    WE are doing a forum blog post on that as soon as I can download it
    Oh good, I saw another site doing it I was hoping we'd have our own to post.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanLasston View Post
    Just submitted my request - if you guys haven't gotten it yet - then I'm gonna stop hitting refresh on my email client
    I think I have all my email clients set to check NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    I submitted mine about half an hour ago. I suppose the delay will give me ample time to create a comprehensive backup since I'll likely be doing a clean install.
    Oh that's such a good idea, it slipped my mind. I better get on that.

Specs:
    2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
    So what time do you think you filled out the form to get your redemption code?
    Around 9 AM EST. It took maybe an hour for me to get the email. I have now made the bootable USB and performed a straight "upgrade" install. The USB drive is there "just in case."

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    Six hours and waiting for the confirmation email Down Under.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    Around 9 AM EST. It took maybe an hour for me to get the email. I have now made the bootable USB and performed a straight "upgrade" install. The USB drive is there "just in case."
    Were you apart of the group of people who filled out the form when Apple launched the update program to the website early? If you are, you are very lucky you weren't one of those people who got the "code already taken" error. I've been seeing tweets about that.

Specs:
    Were you apart of the group of people who filled out the form when Apple launched the update program to the website early? If you are, you are very lucky you weren't one of those people who got the "code already taken" error. I've been seeing tweets about that.
    No, it was clear that the form being up earlier than advertised was unintended on Apple's part, and I didn't want to risk my Mountain Lion voucher on the remote possibility of a glitch working out nicely.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Well, I submitted my request yesterday afternoon and I'm still sitting here waiting for it. I'm glad I don't have to do this with every OS X release.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
    possible waiting time is 72 hours. has been waiting for 24 hrs.
    They know it is freebie.

Thread Information