New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple announces Mountain Lion will be available in July for $19.99

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OneMoreThing...

OneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to behold

Apple announces Mountain Lion will be available in July for $19.99

Quote:

Apple announced that Mountain Lion will be available in July for US$19.99. Upgrades to Macs purchased as of today will be free. Any system going back to Snow Leopard can update at this price.

Several of the new features for the upcoming release of Mountain Lion revolve around iCloud, including Reminders, Messages and Notes. There will be Document-based apps as well, with document libraries available and updated across all Apple devices. This includes Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Preview and TextEdit. The notification center also will be added with a number of changes from the version currently in iOS.

The Mac is gaining dictation in Mountain Lion, which can be used in third-party applications.

Safari will have Twitter and other sharing options built into it, along with a unified search tool and syncing of tabs among all Apple devices.

A new feature called Power Nap will update your Mac while it sleeps, but it's only available on certain models. Other features include AirPlay Mirroring, the GameCenter and several features were added specifically for Chinese markets including new input messages and support for Chinese social networks such as Baidu.

We will have a full look into these Mountain Lion features throughout the day.

Apple announces Mountain Lion will be available in July for $19.99 originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Mon, 11 Jun 2012 14:13:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Source*|*Permalink*|*Email this*|*Comments
Read more

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
ycl1688

ycl1688 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010

July 1st or other date ?
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Probably mid to late July. Official release dates haven't been announced yet.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Windows 8, eat your heart out! Anyone want to bet that Windows 8 won't sell for twenty bucks?
QUOTE Thanks
AliOop

AliOop will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro.

$20 bucks is a great price for an upgrade. But is it necessary? I'm new to the Apple world with a 13" MBP purchased in mid Jan. It's running Lion 10.7.4. Lion has served me well so far. I think I'll wait for a while to upgrade, if I ever do.
QUOTE Thanks
quin

quin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ

If you are still using Snow Leopard, the upgrade to ML is the same $19.99. Nice!
QUOTE Thanks
CanuckBoater

CanuckBoater will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliOop View Post
I think I'll wait for a while to upgrade, if I ever do.
As well.
QUOTE Thanks
MacInUse

MacInUse is on a distinguished road

Hello to all!I have aquestion,how much euro's the new mac system will cost?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInUse View Post
Hello to all!I have aquestion,how much euro's the new mac system will cost?
Your guess is as good as ours. I would imagine whatever $20 is in Euros at the time of the release.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
MacInUse

MacInUse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Your guess is as good as ours. I would imagine whatever $20 is in Euros at the time of the release.
Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

WOW and a whole .99c more for us folk down under..... About time apple sorted there pricing structure out, then again is is a point upgrade.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
ycl1688

ycl1688 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010

looks like ML will come out one of the Thursdays in July, Lion did that ?
QUOTE Thanks
J.Fo

J.Fo is a jewel in the roughJ.Fo is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, late 2012 model, 21"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliOop View Post
$20 bucks is a great price for an upgrade. But is it necessary? I'm new to the Apple world with a 13" MBP purchased in mid Jan. It's running Lion 10.7.4. Lion has served me well so far. I think I'll wait for a while to upgrade, if I ever do.
I don't think it's a bad idea. $20 is not that much money, and it's not like the way the entire OS is being changed. I'd say it's money well spent.

QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Bah, now I need to find someone again who will ship it up as a hard copy
But $20, AWESOME!

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McYukon View Post
Bah, now I need to find someone again who will ship it up as a hard copy
But $20, AWESOME!
I wonder if/hope Apple does a Flash Drive version for those who can't download it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Will Apple take over the TV market? | First iOS Malware Discovered in Apple App Store »