New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Rumor: Apple to release new iMacs with Core i5, i7 CPUs in June or July

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OneMoreThing...

OneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to behold

Rumor: Apple to release new iMacs with Core i5, i7 CPUs in June or July

Quote:
Apple's all-in-one desktop, the iMac, will receive an update with Intel's next-generation Ivy Bridge CPUs in the June or July timeframe, according to a new rumor.

Read more

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
pcdatatools

pcdatatools is on a distinguished road

The new iMacs will be the first Apple desktops to offer anti-reflective glass displays from G-Tech, a feature previously only available to its built-to-order notebooks.
QUOTE Thanks
CanuckBoater

CanuckBoater will become famous soon enough

Interesting comments, above.

The glass display has been an issue when attempting to utilize 'true' colours in Photoshop.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Bring em' on baby, these are the droids I've been looking for!

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
aoifeee

aoifeee is on a distinguished road

I will be really interested to see how the displays look.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdatatools View Post
The new iMacs will be the first Apple desktops to offer anti-reflective glass displays from G-Tech, a feature previously only available to its built-to-order notebooks.
Finally! There has been a large number of people who wanted this feature. Maybe it will eventually be an option for the iPhone. All the anti-reflective film sheets I've been using aren't has good as a real anti-reflective glass.
QUOTE Thanks
Lastmboy

Lastmboy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdatatools View Post
I could be wrong, but the anti-reflective Macbooks don't actually have a glass display, do they? From what I've read, they have a matte finish. If the finish on the new iMacs is actually anti-reflective glass, I'm assuming they will be different than the Macbooks. They will be interesting to see, regardless.
QUOTE Thanks
TabletRevlution

TabletRevlution is on a distinguished road

The macbook's anti-reflective display is essentially the regular display without the glass and it looks poor. If anything, I think that the Macbooks will have displays similar to the Air, no glass but it is not matte either.

Regarding the next generation of Intel processors, I am not looking forward to getting one. It is a first generation of a new architecture that was delayed 4 months. Though its smaller size reduces power consumption, the Tri-gate transistors create a lot more heat than the current Sandy Bridge. Probably not an issue with iMacs but it will be interesting to see what the new laptops are going to do to address the problem, especially with the whole "Ultrabook" fad going on.

QUOTE Thanks
lonewolf

lonewolf is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13.3 2.4Ghz C2D 8GB Corsair X128 128GB SSD, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25GB RAM

Is it just me, or does this all seems like a product cycle slowdown at Apple?

We got the last iMac in June, usually Apple has a product cycle of under 1 year doesn't it? Ivy Bridge was out in April, but if true we won't see the iMac or MacBook Pro until June. It just seems like they are behind the curve here compared with the stellar releases in 2011.

-------------------------------------
MacBook Pro 13.3 2.4Ghz C2D 8GB RAM
Corsair X128 128GB SSD
iMac 2011 27" i5 2.7Ghz 12GB Ram 1TB HDD
QUOTE Thanks
mattg3

mattg3 is on a distinguished road

Put a retina display on this Imac and its a no-brainer purchase.
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Is it just me, or does this all seems like a product cycle slowdown at Apple?

We got the last iMac in June, usually Apple has a product cycle of under 1 year doesn't it? Ivy Bridge was out in April, but if true we won't see the iMac or MacBook Pro until June. It just seems like they are behind the curve here compared with the stellar releases in 2011.
Ivy Bridge just came out on 29 April. That might as well be May. One month between the technology being available and having it in a shipping product isn't bad for Apple, especially if the rumors about redesigning their product line are true (antiglare glass for the iMac, retina displays and new form factors for the MacBook Pros). Intel's schedule just happened to work out this way.
QUOTE Thanks
infocusinc

infocusinc will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Ivy Bridge just came out on 29 April. That might as well be May. One month between the technology being available and having it in a shipping product isn't bad for Apple, especially if the rumors about redesigning their product line are true (antiglare glass for the iMac, retina displays and new form factors for the MacBook Pros). Intel's schedule just happened to work out this way.
I suspect the late arrival of Ivybridge and the lack of Xeons in ivybridge is the reason for the delay in a new Mac Pro.

Makes more sense to wait than to go sandybridge now.

Not sure when the Xeons may come along.

Craig Lamson - Craig Lamson Photo

www.craiglamson.com
QUOTE Thanks
Adric

Adric is a jewel in the roughAdric is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
Put a retina display on this Imac and its a no-brainer purchase.
Yowza! Now THAT would be an expensive Mac. But it would also be oh - so gorgeous.

You wouldn't necessarily need the same resolution as the iPhone or iPad 3 for an iMac to be a retina display. People sit farther from iMacs than they do iPhones or iPads.

You could double the current resolution of the 27" iMacs to 5,120 x 2,880 and it would probably be considered a retina display.
QUOTE Thanks
mattg3

mattg3 is on a distinguished road

Only a matter of time before it happens
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple update exposes Lion login passwords in clear text | New Blog: Cargo-Bot, the iPad Game Programmed on the iPad »