New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple 1984 Launch

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

icemanjc

I Foud this ^^^^ and I hosted it on my webpage
Apple 1984 Launch
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Yeah it's a classic. We see that Jobs was a marketing genius even back then...

By the way: What's the name of that popular theme that plays during the mac demo?
QUOTE Thanks
icemanjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi
By the way: What's the name of that popular theme that plays during the mac demo?
Chariots of Fire
QUOTE Thanks
lil

There is the whole 1984 Shareholdes Meeting video somewhere but it is a huge download.

I watch it time to time to remind myself exactly what the Mac is about So the story goes, they made a very rough version of Vangelis' Chariots of Fire that played out on the Mac but it was not very good, so at the unveiling itself - it was played on a CD Player (yes, 1984 :flower

Also make sure you see the 1984 if you have never seen it, it is regardless of it being Apple or Macintosh - the best advert ever made.

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
icemanjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil
There is the whole 1984 Shareholdes Meeting video somewhere but it is a huge download.
do you know were I can find that
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

The add with the fall of IBM and all: I never understood it, probably it's just behind my time or i missed the reference. To me it's just a huge mystery, the red lady running and those weitd WW2-looking guys ... it's scary...
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

Did you guys know it was Ridley Scott that directed the ad?

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

This site has other mac videos on it, including the shareholder meeting (the complete vid, it's called)
http://www.mac-essentials.de/index.php/mac/14276/

If you are interested in early apple history, I reccomend checking out Folklore.org, or getting a copy of the excellent book "Revolution in the Valley" by Andy Hertzfeld. I made a widget for the site a few months ago, and Andy, the author of the book and the site, who was also an original mac team member, was very helpful in answering emails I sent him with questions.
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyvn
Did you guys know it was Ridley Scott that directed the ad?
yeah, for Chiat/Day, right?
QUOTE Thanks
icemanjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs2sensen
This site has other mac videos on it, including the shareholder meeting (the complete vid, it's called)
http://www.mac-essentials.de/index.php/mac/14276/
doesnt work
QUOTE Thanks
lil

http://www.industrial-technology-and...84complete.mov - 436MB

Edit: appears to be down - maybe due to bandwidth limits. I'm sure it will be live again soon I hope.

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi
The add with the fall of IBM and all: I never understood it, probably it's just behind my time or i missed the reference. To me it's just a huge mystery, the red lady running and those weitd WW2-looking guys ... it's scary...
Maybe I have missed the point but sure the reference is inferring IBM but it's more to do with George Orwell's seminal novel - 1984 and the reference to Big Brother.

If you already have grasped that - then oops, sorry - would never want to patronise, but that book is the direct reference.

A book you must read IMHO.

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanjc
doesnt work
crap, it worked when I posted it, but they must have pulled it down recently after.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

I have 4 segments of AVi videos of this if any one's interested, I could StuffIt/email it or send over MSN or whatever, punkr0x0r@gmail.com if you're interested.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Intel PowerBooks, iSight and Widescreen iBook... | Mac Mini update »