New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple previews Mountain Lion, next version of Mac OS X

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad3, AppleTV2

No Joke: OS X Mountain Lion Roars Onto Your Mac This Summer | Mac|Life

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

heres the apple link:

Apple - OS X Mountain Lion. Innovation comes back to the Mac.

This had better not be a paid upgrade.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robduckyworth View Post
heres the apple link:

It is.... according to the MacLife article - but 20 per year for an OS, I can live with that

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Looks like you can download Messages beta now - without being a developer

QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

The most interesting things to me are the integration of Messages and Notes (in particular Notes).
I use Notes a lot on my iPad. Being able to go back and forth and cloud sync without the emailing an cutting and pasting I do now is a big plus.

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks
OneMoreThing...

OneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to behold

Apple previews Mountain Lion, next version of Mac OS X

Quote:

Apple on Thursday released an early preview of Mountain Lion, its next version of Mac OS X, to developers and select publications. The reviews are now hitting the Internet.

The general consensus about Mountain Lion is that it brings some of the best features of iOS like Notification Center, AirPlay mirroring, GameCenter and iMessage into OS X. These features are not tacked-on mobile versions, but fully integrated in a way that works on a desktop operating system. You can check out some of the early reviews at The Loop, Macworld, Engadget, The Verge, Laptop Magazine, CNET, and PC Magazine.

Apple's preview page for Mountain Lion is also live. The next version of Mac OS X is expected to ship this summer and will be available from the Mac App Store. Pricing is not available, but, based on Apple's history, it should be reasonably priced.

Apple previews Mountain Lion, next version of Mac OS X originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:47:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Source*|*Permalink*|*Email this*|*Comments
Read more

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
The most interesting things to me are the integration of Messages and Notes (in particular Notes).
I use Notes a lot on my iPad. Being able to go back and forth and cloud sync without the emailing an cutting and pasting I do now is a big plus.
Evernote?

Merged similar threads.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 500GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by robduckyworth View Post
heres the apple link:

How is this any different than Snow Leopard? Are you saying Apple/developers shouldn't be paid for adding new features and code to software?

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.9
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Evernote?
I actually have it on my iPad but have never used it. I have a personal prejudice against programs that require me to set up accounts in order to use them; I already have too many logins and user accounts.

Not that I won't, just prefer not to if there are alternatives.

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Geez - we're not even finished with the Lion sux threads yet!!
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Quote:
I actually have it on my iPad but have never used it. I have a personal prejudice against programs that require me to set up accounts in order to use them; I already have too many logins and user accounts.

Not that I won't, just prefer not to if there are alternatives.
Just for the record - Evernote is the bomb diggety. I understand your logic - but Evernote is worth the exception.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
Geez - we're not even finished with the Lion sux threads yet!!
Then let me be the first . . .

I HATE MOUNTAIN LION OS X 10.8 BECAUSE IT TRASHED MY MAC, DELETED ALL MY FILES, SENT INSULTING EMAILS TO MY BOSS AND POSTED EMBARRASING PICTURES ON FACEBOOK . . . etc etc

EDIT: Since you and Van think so highly of EverNote I will give it a try. Thanks

QUOTE Thanks
Spellbinder

Spellbinder will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mid-2011 27'' iMac, 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Much of Mountain Lion seems to be related to your iPad and/or iPhone and syncing. Well, I have no iPhone and have no need for one really. I love my Android and have no intention on switching. I'd love an iPad, but I can't afford one at the moment and it'll be a while before i ever get one.

Seems an upgrade to Mountain Lion won't really necessary for someone like me.

My Original Music:
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
I have a personal prejudice against programs that require me to set up accounts in order to use them
Like iCloud?

Quote:
EDIT: Since you and Van think so highly of EverNote I will give it a try. Thanks
It took me a while to get into Evernote but it's grown on me. When you own three devices and use five different operating systems that are all supported by Evernote, it becomes a very attractive option.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like they don't have a Linux client. Goes to show you how often I use Evernote outside of OS X, iOS and Android.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

I remember giving Van my sales pitch on Evernote
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Reuters: Justice Department ready to sue Apple over ebook price fixing (Updated) | ACCC (The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission) sues Apple over iPad '4G' »